The Cowabunga System

EA = Expert Advisor. It’s basically a computer program that trades a particular system for you automatically.

Thanks Phil

I think I have to trade manually as i am using igindex. I am not sure how to get the files to work with this system :frowning:

thanks phil, i remember this one too, but for some reason, I didn’t use it…hmm…will back test this thingie.

you’re back with a vengeance, posting all over today! :smiley: again, great to see ya around!

Thanks Pirateboy. :slight_smile:

I think I’ve had enough typing for today though… It’s time to take my wonderful painkillers and go to bed.

Hi All,

Its been a while since I have posted and was wondering looking over the last 6 months PIP SURFER has not put that many trades on or updates on this system. Does anyone know the reason for this. I apologise if this has been asked before.

i’m not in the inner circle, but i don’t know of any reasons, and what matter is the system, which continues to perform quite well.:slight_smile:

Made an EA for this check on this linkhttp://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/28637-cowabunga-ea.html

Its not fully perfect yet but its pretty good and goes along with the system 95% (just gotta incorporate MACD somehow) but for now its working pretty good :stuck_out_tongue:

If any newbies are trading this, you could try out this - just take the first (and just one) morning london trade. It has a higher success rate than valid entries at other times for this year.

:slight_smile:

i suggest people take a look a this thread:

http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/28637-cowabunga-ea.html

One guy has posted statements of last 2 days of demo testing and made 2k+ profit

My data do not support your contention. I have reviewed all the data I have. The first trade produces 60% winners across all data dropping non significantly this year to 59%. The second plus trade produces 63% winners rising slightly to 65% this year. Even if you took only the second plus trade and doubled your risk your overall return for this year would drop by a third because of the reduced trading opportunities

Hi
Just got onto the forum and obiviously anyone claiming to have the “mother” of all systems…count me in !!:smiley:

Anyway been trying to read up on stuff, but this threads got totally out of hand !

Can anyone tell me if the following exists :

1. A full set of indicators and Templates for the manual version
  2. An EA file for the EA
  3. A full set of instructions

Not being lazy but if that could be organised it would help out a lot of people on here and aid getting some decent feedback and interaction with other interested users.

Many Thanks

ab1000

well its not the BEST system though it is pretty good, now

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/572-cowabunga-system-mt4-indicator.html
So You’ve Finished The School Of Pipsology…Now What? | Forex Blog: Pip My System
http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/28637-cowabunga-ea.html

those are the 3 links your looking for :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks I’ll give it a try out. Appreciate the response.

Cheers

AB1000

Installed the EA eariler but no trades yet…is there anything in the settings within MT4 or the robot I should consider ?

Cheers

Ab1000

first morning london trade, not first trade. Also I don’t consider clean breaks.

OK - do you have some results
I assume you mean first trade after London open
What do you mean about avoiding clean breaks and how do you do that?

do u know how to setup an EA? if it is running on the top right chrat screen it should say REFINEDcowabunga :slight_smile: with a smile if theres no smile it isnt running also make sure the expert advisor button has a green play sign and not a red stop sign green means EAs can work also wen u drag the EA on the chart make sure u check “allow live trading” and “allow Dll imports” if it doesnt work then then idk whats wrong

Thanks for the response, yes I am OK when it comes to setting up EA’s, I checked what you said and it all looks good.

Maybe it just isnt ready yet ?

How do you set up MT4 to indicate a crossover with an alternate colored (trend trade) candle?

You can’t without getting a Custom Indicator that does that. I’m not sure where you could find one of if one even exists.

MT4 does come with a Custom Indicator called “MA Cross.” It doesn’t change the candle color but it does put a huge colored arrow on your chart when the MA’s cross. That might help you out until you can find something to do exactly what you’re looking for.