The Cowabunga System
Page 1 of 143 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member

Default The Cowabunga System

Hello everyone,

I know many of you have been starting to follow the "Pip My System" blog and have many questions. I wanted to start this thread so that hopefully other traders might be able to help answer some of those questions. This can be a place for all of you to discuss any and everything about the system. If you are new and don't know what the heck I'm talking about you can check out my first post which explains the system in detail:

"What to do after you finish the School of Pipsology"

If you've been following the blog for a little while and have some questions, please visit the FAQ page before asking. You may find the answer your looking for:

Cowabunga FAQ

Remember, this is not a holy grail. The system has its flaws, but it does work pretty well. Also, this system is NOT for everyone. If this doesn't fit your trading style, then don't force yourself to trade it. You'll be miserable and it just won't be fun. I've tried doing that before and I hated it. The Cowabunga system is meant for educational purposes and is simply a way to show you that a simple system can be effective in the Forex market if you stick to your rules and stay diligent. Have fun with it, and maybe it will inspire you to come up with a system of your own.

Happy trading!

-BP

Default Excellent Idea

BigPippin,

I think this is an excellent idea. I just discovered baby pips a two weeks ago and completed the school at the end of last week. After having searched for forex education for over a month and hearing the cost of various packages I can't beleive the wealth I found sitting here free of cost. So many thanks to you and your crew for spending the time to put this together.

I started backtesting and since yesterday trading your system which I found very easy to understand. I'll be sure to update the site soon with some of my questions any results.

hi BigPippin, thanks for bringing something so simple yet effective to the community. I was wondering, do you trade the cowabunga system live with your real money? Another question, would you take a cross going against the H4 trend if the cross was effected by news to get in early on the trend?
    Last edited by pvctrades; 02-06-2007 at 09:25 PM.

BigPippin is offline The ***iest member of the FX-Men Superior Master Contributor and Member
    Yes I trade with real money, and no I don't take a cross opposite the trend of the 4hr chart. That would essentially defeat the purpose of the main trend altogether

Happy trading

Hey Bigpippin
    Im loving the system. I know in the FAQ area you said you looked at other currency pairs and saw a few trades, so im wondering if lately you have tried the system on other currecny pairs other than the GBPUSD.
    Do you think you could post the link to find out the performance of the system thus far?

Thank you
    Last edited by nikim6; 02-07-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPippin View Post
    Yes I trade with real money, and no I don't take a cross opposite the trend of the 4hr chart. That would essentially defeat the purpose of the main trend altogether

Happy trading
    Thanks for the response back BigPippin.
    Have a great trading day

Quote Originally Posted by BigPippin View Post
    The ***iest member of the FX-Men
    How many pips do I need to make to have that kind of title in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by ramrocket View Post
    How many pips do I need to make to have that kind of title in this forum?
    Sorry ramrocket. There can only be one

Quote Originally Posted by nikim6 View Post
    Hey Bigpippin
    Im loving the system. I know in the FAQ area you said you looked at other currency pairs and saw a few trades, so im wondering if lately you have tried the system on other currecny pairs other than the GBPUSD.
    Do you think you could post the link to find out the performance of the system thus far?

Thank you
    I don't have a track record on other pairs because I haven't seen enough winning trades to warrant me taking the time to track it. There may be some tweaks that need to be made for it to work well on other pairs. I just haven't tried messing with it.

I've rewritten the MT4 indicator so it should be a lot easier to use. The 4 hour trend is indicated on the 15 minute chart and the triggers now appear as arrows. You can configure it to send you and email when a valid trigger occurs but I'm not sure how useful that will be due to the inevitable delay in getting the email.

Strongly urge to display all indicators on chart and check validity of my indicator signal. Not guaranteed to be bug free but let me know if you find anything amiss.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forum Sponsors