The Cowabunga System

Dirk, what were your entry and exits points and time of trade –

Here is what i did, I got in last night around 7:30 PM CST, and I set my profit take at where the picture shows. I went to sleep, woke up this morning and I had my profit.

Edit - Also realize, i am very new to forex. I have been learning for about a month and am playing with a demo account. Dont take a lot of advice from me, my “luck” has been that, although i am getting pretty good with reading the charts and spotting rises or reversals.

Optimal signals usually come after 1am ET

What time would that be regarding that i`m in a GMT+2 Timezone?
Thankies!

GMT is 5 hours ahead of Eastern so probably at around 8:00am.

OKay, thank for the time zone explanation!:wink:
Anoher thing…theres just to much of info. needed in the e-mail alert settenings! take a look at the attach. All i can enter is the "TO:" form But whats up with all the SMTP`s?:slight_smile:
Thanks!

I run my metrader at work, where I have an email server so i have plugged that info, it helps that I am a network engineer, but if you are at home, you would use your local email settings in that box. If you use a home based DSL or Cable then just go to your outlook express or outlook, and hit tools options - email accounts. Hit properties of the account and you will see the server info, it will be something like cox.east.net or something of that nature, but look for the one for SMTP, they may be different as the other one is for pop email and it might not work here, also, put the name, such as cox.east.net:25 - make sure to add the colon and the port number of 25. Then plug in your email address you want to send the message to and hit test, if it failed you will get an error.

How come we get different results? I notice on the blog for cowabunga, that he was down a -78 pips for the last week.

I traded the system based on the metatrader indicator and tuesday - friday, i made 120 pips, with not one losing trade.

Now on Friday, on another computer i also had the indicator, but not my normal account, i made a buy friday afternoon around 3:00 cst which is 2 hours till market close and i came into work today to notice i am up 83 pips.

Why the different results? although based on the arrows that give me entry signals, if i would have taken all of them, i would have lost, but what constitutes the right entry signal? i am guessing the metrader indicator might not be exact to cowabunga standards but it has netted me 200 pips inside a week.

hi all.

Can someone clear something up for me please.

When someone says something like “looking at the 4h chart” I can select the 4 hour tab in my charting software but then I can also zoom in or out using + - buttons.

The reason I ask is that if I select the 4h chart and all data I need to zoom in a bit to see the trend over a slightly shorter timeframe or it shows me months worth.

The 4H bit means that, that is the “period” of data sampling right?

So, how long should the timeframe really be on the time axis of the chart?

For the Cowabunga (or and system really) should I let it show me a week for the main trend or just a few hours.

when you zoom with buttons are you effectively changing the timeframe and my software is just not displaying it quite right or have I not understood a dimension to the charts ?

(to illustrate why I ask, looking at GBPUSD. since the 14th there is a trend up suggesting only long trades, but zooming in a bit more to only see the last 3/4 days, its currently a down trend. I got yesterdays signal the same as the big man (pats self on back), a long trade, suggesting a wider timeframe.)

Thanks

Stewart

I got 21 pips on cowabunga today too.

could have tken 34 or so I think but I opted out when I figure the candle had pushed through the previous resistance I saw.

Here is what I saw.

11:00 GMT MACD crossover, stochastics was climbing, RSI was above 50, ( in slight dip tho)

Opened at 1.9645 closed at 1.9666 for $210

2nd go with cowabunga and that makes 50% winning traded, bigpip didn’t win on yesterday’s either tho so I feel ok about that.

Stewart

hi
i see ur system and download to it can u tell me how to implement meta trader 4

hi
i see ur system and download to it can u tell me how to implement meta trader 4

x2

I unzipped the files to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators and then restarted MT4. Then from
tools ->options->Expert Advisors tab I make sure it is selected. I then restart MT4. Then what? I aint c nuttin.

Ok I figured it out. There is actually another thread that explains everything.

How can I display two MA on the MACD in MT4?

Hi all,
I set up MT4 and the Cowabonga indicators and alerts this weekend and it had indicated all the previous signals but there was no signal for todays, April 9, event. :frowning: Anyone else have that trouble?

Thanks,
Peter

hi,

sorry to sound newbie (which i am) but how to you implement that downloadable system on the MT4 ? thanks
the one that ybop01 offered on the first page of this thread

Copy the files to:
C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators

Then open MT4 and open a chart for GBPUSD M15. Open the Navigator and go to custom indicators. Right click on Cowabonga and click on add to chart. That should do it.

Peter

brilliant…i also found my question a couple of answers above but i didn’t see it yesterday :)…also does it only show a short signal ?..i look at the past and i see short signals no long ones

sorry …it’s just been the recent past…cause it’s a downtrend and then it only trades short

MAs are calculated on the close so they are normally attached to the price window as opposed to other indicator that calculate
on other factors and have their own “indicator window.”

Or something like that!!

whatever the real reason they usually show up as lines running along with your candles.

Once you have your chart open, just select insert,indicator,trend from the menu and set the MA at the settings for cowabunga.

Stewart