The Cowabunga System

Hi,

I think the Cowabunga system is great and I am looking to experiement with it accross several instruments. However I have one big question,

By the time you see a crossover on the EMA with a 4hr Chart the new trend seems to be invalidated or changed on the 15 min chart working on a intraday basis I am keen on other peoples thoughts on how this can be managed as so often when I get the cross over signal on the 4hr chart, the cross over has either reversed on the 15 min chart or Stochastics in overbought/oversold terrotority or just basically pointing towards an opposite trend than the 4hr displays.

Thoughts??

This system sounds interesting, gonna try it on demo first.

hi SRHN,
I’m new in forex, could you help give me the link newest of this your system cowaEa.zip for me to try it.

Thank so much
I’ve install it and running Alert : error TP and SL
How to fix its ,

Thank

Queep us posted on your results, especially the brokers/platforms you use as I have different results with different brokers.

i am new to fx can i use this system to trade while i get more aquainted to the market

Is their an App for the Cowabunga system?

Can anyone edit the Cowabunga indicator so it sends a push notification from my laptop to the MT4 app on my mobile?

EDIT: Or even just an indicator with an alert with push notification when the two EMAs cross would do as I don’t want it taking trades for me.

I have no idea how to install the zip file to my mt4 can anybody please guide me ?

Please help

unzip file. open your mt4 folder—open mql4 folder-- there you have to save unziped files to INDICATORS folder. I hope i made it clear. Sorry for my english

What’s the best time frame for this indicator?

Mityukov’s system is the best!

Hi all. Am I right in saying that this system doesn’t trade on Mondays and Fridays and that a new trade will not be accepted after around 10:30am east (though an existing position may stay open until 4pm ? Thanks in advance to anyone familiar with this.

Looking closer it appears that we get out at 11:45am est which is nice as that’s nearly midnight here and forces me to bed.

I must say that following a system like this really helps me to establish discipline in my trading. I know that whatever trades I take up or don’t take up will have to tally with Pip Surfer’s report when it appears. If I were to do something a bit different and take a loss I’d be kicking my butt around the house!

If I see something that looks okay to me but doesn’t quite stack with the rules I have to stay out, likewise if I don’t really feel too confident about a trade that matches the requirements to go in, I still take it as I’m a noob and pip has been around for so long :). So yes, thanks for helping me to learn to discipline myself pip.

One thing I do a little differently is trade on Mondays and Fridays also. This doesn’t seem to be against the rules but pip doesn’t report Mondays and Fridays.

Does anyone makes a steady long term profit using this system or at least knows someone for sure who does? I’m suspecting the author of this system is not playing it fair in his blogs posts, therefore gives it a fake edge. I have some hard evidence to back up those claims and I’ll be making a thread about it in the coming days, exposing the Cowabunga system.

Have to disagree here. I have found the reports to be very accurate as I have been trying to mirror them. Let us know of any dates you have a query on and I will look over them (last 2 months better). I’m using same charts so pretty accurate. One thing I would say is that cable isn’t exactly behaving like cable usually does at the moment so I am going to let it settle back into a more normal trading pattern.

From post #1
"The Cowabunga system is meant for educational purposes and is simply a way to show you that a simple system can be effective in the Forex market if you stick to your rules and stay diligent. Have fun with it, and maybe it will inspire you to come up with a system of your own."

Jut a question, Michael, but have you used any backtesting software, checked out the method over a few thousand trades and seen whether it makes a profit or a loss?

Eddie’s post above quotes the purpose and function of the system very clearly. I’m not aware that anyone’s trading it long-term with a funded account and regularly making profits from it. I may be wrong, of course, but I’d be extremely interested to see their records, if they are (but not just over a small number of trades, of course: even a simple moving average crossover with nothing else might happen to show profits over a couple of hundred trades, but that clearly doesn’t make it a sound, valid or reasonable method, does it?).

Yes, this system has been proven successful over a very long period of time. It’s a system that has been better documented and followed up than any other on the forum. The educational thing is a disclaimer as much as anything else. Trader’s who have gone on to make better systems themselves will certainly be profitable and experienced. I still need much more time before I can really compete with this.

Hi lex

I think i was posting at the same time as you. Backtested, no because of all the things that are done manually during the management of the trades. There is always a little discretion and I’m not up to programming something that will be able to match that. Seems that it would be like trying to write something to win at chess ! I did over a few months look bar by bar and applied strict rules to what I would have done. The months I looked at were all profitable and very close to what was reported in the blog. I went as far as paying for the same charts to work from. The years that were documented here were proven profitable and I have no reason to doubt the numbers. I have also verified for my own purposes the reports over the past few months with very few discrepancies. the reported figures add up to profitability. I would look back over the forum history for more references to it’s profitability which I believe are fair. I haven’t found another thread on babypips that has been followed up with actual trade reports on a system as well as this has been. For me the challenge has been matching the authors results with my own trading. The only thing that I would add and mentioned before is that the system was designed for cable only and as we all know that’s behaving slightly differently at the moment. More volatile and therefor needing further discretion. Personally I’m waiting for cable to return to something like it’s normal self in terms of volatility. :slight_smile: