The Cowabunga System

Where I can get the updated Cawabunga System? I just want to try if it works for me. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

It’s an interesting trade system, but I think it’s quite complicated, too many variables, I believe the simpler the trading system, the more effective it is.

Hello
How do I get the system and the rules to know if it matches my trading style.
Thanks

It’s one of the simpler ones I’ve seen. Takes 10 secs to set up on charts, wait for MA crossover, check 3 indicators and decide. Not complex at all.

Hi,

I’ve been using the cowabunga system in demo trading and in live trading for a good few months. I’ve always found it profitable but over the past few weeks most of my trades seem to hit stop loss…

Can I have people’s point of views please? Do you think I’ve started to go wrong? - I use two time frames: the 15 minute and 4 hour and trade of the 15 minute…on the 15M chart, I have MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Moving averages x2 and on the 4H chart I have Stochastic, RSI and 2 moving averages…

As far as I’m aware I’ve been continuing consistently since I’ve started…has anybody else at any point encountered problems? If so, what have you done?

please Where can i download the cowabunga system? a link will be nice

Thanks for provide all this information! Cannot wait to try out this system.

Hi everybody. Today (05-22-17) there was a successful trade of cowabunga system, but it was not shown in the blog. I grabbed 28 pips (R=0,9). There was a clean break but unfortunaly the price retraced back to my trailed stop . Everybody did the same?

Thanks

@Trader_Roberto who are you trading with?

I coded the Cowabunga system into TradingView yesterday evening.

You can find it here.

Hi all, I really like the Cowabunga trading system but I have 2 questions. I apologize if these sound basic. I searched the forum but I couldn’t find anything on these topics.

1. If I get a signal to go long GBP/USD on the 15 minute chart (5 ema crosses above 10 ema, macd, stochastic, and rsi criteria are met), but the 4 hour chart shows that the 5 ema crossed above the 10 ema but the stochastic is trending down while the rsi is above 50, can I still take this trade? Must all the criteria for the 4 hour chart be met for a long trade at the time when the moving averages crossover on the 15 minute chart?

2. If I miss the entry signal on the 15 minute chart by 1 bar (ie I’m approximately 15 minutes too late), can I still take the trade? Or should I wait until another time?

Thank you for your help,

oscarmike

People who say this are those who haven’t backtested it on a decade’s data, and I know from your post that you haven’t.

Those who have are surprised, and change their attitude, because it has no overall positive expectancy. There are several threads here (if you can find them, which isn’t easy) where this is discussed in detail. I suggest you don’t build up your hopes too much for the Cowabunga.

1 Like

Can anyone please answer my two questions? Thanks in advance.

Yes.

Yes.

It’s up to you. The only way to know the answer to this with certainty is to measure the effects of doing so over 500 trades and compare them with the effects of not doing so over the same 500 trades.

Bottom line: neither will be profitable over the long term because it’s a method without positive expectancy.

Charlie’s post above was actually the most helpful answer to you, together with its inference that you should be looking at something else instead. But that wasn’t what you wanted to hear. Which is why you’ve got the problem.

Hey There Mr. Big P.,
Just want to thank you for a really great system. I am a conservative trader but not as much so as the treads I have read. With some very minor tweaks, I have been using Cowabunga on the Majors and the EJ for several weeks with awesome results. Mostly in the NY session stopping by noon or so, and avoiding MAJOR News of course. Today was a typical day over the last month or so. EJ -15 pips, GU +25, EU + 25 and UJ short for + 30. All on 30 min TF.

If I had bigger stones, and stayed in my trades until I got an exit signal, the results would be MUCH , MUCH better. Like I said, I’m conservative in nature, but I think your stuff will change that soon.

It’s your system, so it’s up to you if you wish to share any of this. I just wanted to thank you, Big Time!

Bob

1 Like

Hi Bob,

I am on the West Coast.

I cant seem to find a link to download this free system.

Jafx and FxChoice have been checked in the EA and Signals section but nothing shows on a search.

Please, could you provide a link to the download.

Thanks,
David

HI, where is the system.

New into Forex, went through much of the Babypips lessons and was stuck on how to implement the well found wealth of Knowledge at Babypips, now I have a strategy to follow, Thanks so much for Cowabunga System and keep on with the daily updates.

@BigPippin Hi there, dunno if you remember me from a few years ago I was following your blog and posted a few times when demo’ing. Thanks for your continued quality posts, you always manage to keep things fun :slight_smile:

I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind:

1. Are you doing the Cowabunga system or PipSurfer? Or are they the same “Person?” Because although you answer all the questions on the form, Pip Surfer’s name is doing the regular posts.
  2. I’ve commented a few times on those posts, but never get a reply. I want to know specifically why some entries were not counted, or were counted, for example my comment here: 20180118 - just trying to understand the mechanics properly!
  3. Can you tell Pip Surfer to stop cutting off the histogram bars? He regularly “says” they were trending up or down but regularly cuts out the tops of the bars on the images.

Thanks!

This may be a total noob question, but you wait to take the trade until both the 4H and 15M close with the EMAs crossing? So you wouldn’t take the trade say if they cross and the 15M has 2-3 minutes left on the candle close. Correct?