The Cowabunga System

I was just looking at bigpippin’s Kowabunga record for this year and stumbled across someone wanting to trade longer with it.

Kowabunga uses 4-hour to validate a trend, while using 15 minutes to place a bid.

To keep the same tracking to enter on a daily scale, one would need to watch for the trend on a 16-day (3-week) scale, or maybe a month would be the next available scale type (15 min is 4 bars/hr * 4 hrs = 16).

To pull this back into a mid-length trade (~1-2 trades/week), one could watch the trend (originally 4-hour scale) on the daily scale, and place entries on the hourly scale (originally 15-minute).

I did a quick glance at this, and it looks very sweet. Last open entry would be on 4-11 @ 02:00 GMT depending on one’s trade style, one could enter between 1.9735-55, stop at 1.9675-700. I’d say on the hourly scale, one would likely be shooting for a 4x bigger collection, say 200 pips, but I think I like 100 pips better on this scale just glancing at it.

So it would have closed today with 100 pips before the news. Would it have been wise to hold onto this through big news to reach 200 pips?

Just realize that it could very likely leave the position open for a few days to over a week, and not very likely more than 2 trades per week.

If my info is wrong, please correct me.

[B]Hello friends,

Can anyone clarify and tell me anyone using this cowabunga system  for other currency pairs like GJ or EU etc

Babu Rao[/B]

[B]Hello babypipin,

I am implementing cowabunga system on GJ, but in this case , 4hour chart is not showing correct trend, but 1hour is showing correct trend and 15 min chart is looking same and indicating same like 1 hour chart,

so i think and planning to follow 1hour chart for GJ to find the Trend,

Any suggesions are  Welcome.

onlineearner[/B]

onlineearner,

wut platform(chart) are u using? im using metatrader…the 4hr shows the correct trade.
maybe u could post a screenie of ur chart for us better to see.

HI friend,

I am using this for GJ and for this pair, 1 hour chart is showing correctly like 15 mins chart.

I means 15mins and 1 hours charts r similar, but 4 hour chart is diff for GJ.

And I am using only marketiva platform.

U please test and clarify pls

onlineearner

Hi onlineearner,

i dont see any much different between mine(mt4) wit marketiva…
the 4hr n 15min is the almost the same.I’m still can see the trend up or down.
if its still unclear…maybe ill try post some screenshot both chart 4hr n 15min.

Hello everybody,

I am kind of new to all this, and so when you guys talk about the trades of
Bigpippin, or the track record…where can you find that?

Also I here a lot about the metratrader, is that pretty much the best or most used system?

Appreciate any info!!!

Thanks to BigPippin!!! for sharing this system. Being new it is nice to hang on to something, and try it out instead of being overwhelmed and do not know where to start.

Have a hectic day!!

Hi, one more question pls.

In the Cowabunga system it says somewhere 5 EMA, and 10 EMA applied
to the close. I am green, so maybe dumb question, but does that mean the option EMA OHLC??

thanks for help.

u can check bigpippin result track here

http://www.babypips.com/blogs/pip-my-system/cowabunga_trade_record.html

and for the ema apply to CLOSE

When I review the Cowabunga System daily update, the MACD on my 15 minute chart has nowhere near the same look as the MACD on the daily update 15 minute chart. The original MACD settings were 12,26,9. Have the original settings changed? I’m using MT4 as my charting software.

jarbuckle…bigpippin using xtick chart.

most different platform give different output, they dont look actual same. the setting remain the same.

Thanks, I realize there will be subtle differences bewteen platforms, but the differences are substantial. Looking at the 5/7/07 Cowabunga Daily update 15 min chart, the signal line does not represent a time period of 9, does it?

While the 15 minute chart on the Update is negative and fairly active, the MACD on my 15 minute chart is on the positive side and quite a bit less active. Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Dirk20,

Is there anything else you can tell us about the SMTP settings? I following your previous directions to find the sever but didn’t have email accounts.

I did if this in another area under servers: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

Can I use this or vtext with verizon?

Thank you,

Fx Diva

thanx for the info

hello

my question is, in the atteched 4 hour chart the main trend is down but RSI and STOCH is in way oversold territory.in this case,is still ok to open a short position on the 15 min chart if the indicators are all lined up?appreciate any feedbacks!thanks

Thanks noobfx.

Appreciate the info!

My current charting software doesnt allow me to use 4hr charts but I really like the software. To determine the long-term trend would it be ok for me to use the 60m or 1day charts?

Hi traders out there,

After the big pips yesterday I continued my pips hunting with Cowabunga today on Long position as the 4 hr chart remain up.

I took my first trade at 13:23GMT @ 1.9869 and risking loss at 1.9838 from the most recent swing low. It�s 30 pips away so I set my risk as my target of 1.9898. Unfortunately after 15:30GMT the highest pip gain was only 1.9887 at the close of the candle. But I continue opening my trade, and forget about the next news coming up at 16:00GMT on US Home Sales.

I only realize about the news at 16:26GMT and price continue going down all the way to 1.9837 passing my stop loss at 1.9838. Eventually as a result I loss over 30 pip on today�s trade, where in fact I could gain pip of more than 20. It�s a silly mistake and I don�t write down the next news data. Lesson learned the hard way.
:eek:

Ybop01: your indicator works fine but it does not show me the arrows for the entrys, it only works for the 4 h trend . can you help me please? sure I m wrong with sthg.
thank you in advance.

Today (05/26/07) I have set the indicator on another platform and saw it worked properly, maybe it is a matter of time server because that s the only difference I can see. anyway thank you.

Hi guys, i am unable to open the cowabonga system. Can anyone send it to me at:[email protected]. If there is other system that you guys are using, i will be happy to look at them, so please feel free to send al strategy that you may have. I wish all good luck in trading the FOREX market. I am new to this, so i am trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks to all the traders out there.
Gary