Supply & Demand Trading System

https://dwq4do82y8xi7.cloudfront.net/x/RGy0SFt4/

My USDJPY Short finally triggered, rally was stopped at 111. It bounced but not nearly as much as I expected. Currently hovering at +5pibs may close half position at B/E.

Are you trading live or on Demo ?

I trade live, but with a very small account with only a grand., so I only buy 1,000 units at a time. I’ve found that by having some skin in even just a few dollars keeps me honest.

We are in the same boat in that case. I am too trading with the same dollar value. If I can make consistent profits for a few more months, then I might add in some more dough. But as of now, learning whether I can keep my nerves calm when the market goes against me and still be able to follow my trading plan.

closed usd/jpy +30pibs, things are kinda wild this week

The GBP and EUR are being affected badly every time a new referendum poll comes out so I am considering not trading these until after the 23rd June - other opinions appreciated.

A very good week, compared to the previous one! Went Long on AUD pairs which reaped over 150pips per pair within a few days, news events helped reach the target fairly quickly too.

Not seeing much opportunities on the Daily S&D for the rest of the week though. Will post charts if I see any!

I agree Rasc, many more fishes in the sea

MY usdjpy ended up falling 120 pips, should of had more balls and stuck with my plan doh!!!

Hey Guys :slight_smile:

slowly i get healthy …
iam going to monitor the charts regular again…yeeeaah
nice to see the thread is running good :wink:

just wanna let you know iam completly back soon…hopefuly…ready to do magic :wink: :wink:

best regards and peace out to all
Trueman23

My main man is back! haha. Happy trading bud and take care! Looking forward to the magic.

Long @ 78.85
Sl @ 78
Tp @ 80

Update 4/6
Price @ 78.442

Update 7/6
Tp triggered +115

Clean charts Joe! This trade looks rock solid too!

Thanks r2, I hope to join people like you on supply & demand system related . Cheers!!

Hi peeps. I’ve been having some real thoughts about trend and s&d. Perhaps trends trading and supply &demand cannot be a methodology to be used together. I find that it doesn’t make sense to find the general trend and trade by following the trend. Let say supply is too much and seller flock in. Would you take the trade to sell eventhough the trend is bullish at current. I know I would. I believe also what governs the market is the psychological effects of greed & fear. Which in turns makes supply & demand related strategy valid ?

Hey Joe I’m not an expert on the system but I do know supply and demand from school. So hope my 2cent helps. Supply and demand does not necessarily mean a rush to sell or buy. When supply is overwhelming price drops due to the lack of buyers. The price of a PlayStation 3 keeps dropping in price not because everyone wants to sell one, simply no one wants to buy. The price will keep falling until it finds buyers in which case it is considered balanced.Or it might fall too rapidly and cause a surge of buying because it is considered way too cheap. In either case the falling price is hinged on supply exceeding demand.
In a trend of either bull or bear it is simply a broad theme of over supply or over demand. If the trend ( in a defined time range) is bullish. Then you should only be looking for long trades within such time range. Such as an buying during a pullback or a dip. These pull backs On a shorter time scale may seem like counter trends trades but in fact they are just price drifting out of balance of the general theme(trend). We try to identify when these short term dips will exhaust by looking at historical price levels when a surge of price movement occurs. I myself am still a student of this system but have found it to be very successful, not just in terms of win/loss but how I look at price movements.

Here is a chart to help illustrate what I mean

This is a trade I took last week, but as you stated, I was governed by fear (fear of dollar strength) So I closed the trade premature for +30pibs and lost a big run. nonetheless this was a very clean trade based on supply and demand imbalance. Despite USDJPY being in a bull mode for the past few weeks I took a short trade at 111.00 Not because I was trying to pick a top or counter trade but simply I saw that in the past, this price range induced a rapid drop in price (i.e this price range shows an imbalance of supply and demand). This aligns with the general down trend of USDJPY for the year as well as the Yen strength for the year. This level just gives a high probability entry given economic conditions haven’t drastically changed. So had I been a good trader and followed my own system, this would of been a nice 300+pib trade. Hindsight is 20/20 but I just want to show sometimes it may seem like you are counter trending when in fact you are just capitalizing on the fact that “everyone else” was counter trending and over extended the price out of balance.

This also does not mean there are not any counter trade opportunities. “IF” prices continues to fall into the upcoming demand zone of (105.30-104.70) then there will be a high probability of a bounce or retracement. IF the big picture (macro economics) remains unchanged, then price may even return to a bear descend without ever hitting a “high probability imbalance supply zone”.

I would suggest giving this system a few more tries Joe, I am very glad I stuck with it and glad that Truman and R2 have kept this thread up for so long so that I was able to follow their progress. But in the end, you gotta do what works for you. I’m gonna be absent for the next weeks but I hope this threads keeps going!

(getting hitched)

Hemmm… to me, generalisation of the trend can be very subjective depending on the time one is looking at.

Maybe what I’m trying to imply was, maybe by just looking @ s&d, one might not have to trade according to trend. Am thinking. Trending with the trend is good but it has major psychological effect to humans? a big assumption here.