The Juggernaut! a Very lucrative trading strategy!

Thank you very much. You have saved me :slight_smile:

A Small tip ;)… just remove TP2 and instead keep moving your stoploss along EMA20 after hitting TP1,

Check what happens :smiley:

Good Morning London

Close enough… let’s see how it turns out :wink:

TP1 HIT :wink: … Tracing EMA for TP2

PS: I Keep shifting EMA’s period to get the best result… between 10 and 50

Update: TP2 Hit on EMA 40 @ 26 pips

Total so far is 42 + 26 pips :)… now looking for reversals…

Seems like the parameters would make for a difficult time programming an EA. Though I’m seeing success with it!

Actually i am writing one since few days… so far profit factor is above 10 :slight_smile:

but i am trying to enhance the MM within it… maybe add an optional martingale and a spread filter for news spikes…

the bummer is that i cannot use partial TP with calgo’s backtesting so i am not using it and instead manually close my trade on TP1 while leaving half of it running and my ea takes care or a trailing stop :)… only today have i started on live with it…

Here is a snap of the trade by the bot
First TP was hit on target at 35.4 pips… second was hit by trailing EMA at 37.2

after that i did not trade as i am modifying the bot to find an optimum setting…

also coding it give’s me a chance of trying my theory on other pairs :slight_smile:

AND NO i have no plans of selling it…

I am a big fan of open source & owe much credit to a large community of traders that have contributed to me being successful… i might however share it on ctdn but only when i find it’s optimum settings and indies to clean the rubbish…

Happy Pippin!

Hi median,

Nice to see your system working, I should start playing on my demo with it too.
How long have you been trading forex? From where do you trade ?
Is this a live account you are trading on? Pepperstone ? How do you feel about them?

Some odd questions, but just gotta keep this thread movin :slight_smile:

Those my friend are very important questions…

I am currently on FXPro’s which is great considering their awesome tools and reputation… I’m sure you’ll find better spreads and lower comms with other brokers but i have been with fxpro since 08 and their vault credit card makes it a breeze for me to withdraw considering where i live… which is something i cannot find “yet” with other brokers.

This is a live account… but a messed up one as i try a lot of things on it… i keep moving money between it and an mt4 account i maintain with them for testing strategies all the time.

I do however plan on dedicating a live account only for that strategy once i am done with the bot… and i’ll post a link here so other traders can copy it’s signals for FREE…

I’ve heard a lot about pepperstone almost everywhere i go… i might even start with them just to see what the fuzz is about :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for what you are doing.

Thanks median !

I mentioned peperstone as I thought they are the only ones giving Ctrader platform. I was wrong, need to do my research first. I was thinking about opening an acc with them, but after I read some really bad reviews not considering them anymore, but future will show.
Again thanks for the work and effort, we need people like you in this rotten world :slight_smile:

You are welcome… but kudos go mostly to the guys behind babypips for establishing a great platform that enables us to share ideas…

BTW… Bot is complete… but i am still running optimizations on tickdata and some really aggressive settings so this might take few hours… if all goes well tomorrow we’ll be live and i’ll provide a link to the live account…

I will also share the code on ctdn so don’t worry it’ll always be open source :wink:

I’ve read somewhere that anything more than 6 months old is irrelevant in backtesting as the market is a shapeshifter essentially… what do you guys think?

This is where MM comes in… so it has a built in SL, Partial TP, Moving stop “Not Trailing”, and some few settings to give us the upper hand on market conditions.

All in all… i’ll be very happy to see it WORK… sharing it is not for free ==> karma will pay me back… i HOPE :slight_smile:

Good Morning London :slight_smile: even though it is still early, but i’m gonna kick the the day started with some great news:

The Strategy is now LIVE, and FREE!

https://cmirror.com/strategy/57771

Disclaimer: I have put only 150$ at risk, So i advise you first to test it out for a while using a DEMO account, if however you do trust strangers that you have never met and are willing to put your fate in the hands of a virtual being then PLEASE do not use a risky capital to mirror me, i will not be responsible for any losses. i am providing this signal only as a proof of concept.

Although i am using a fairly decent MM strategy, but remember that i am building this account up, so some high risk is expected at the beginning :wink:

Update… Till i announce with another reply to this thread please do not copy the signal yet… i am fixing something critically wrong, it opened three positions in an opposite direction today… and missed one large setup…

Clearly i cannot rely on backtesting it even if it was for 4 years… and this is why i wanted to test it with a live account… only then will i know if it works or not…

I was watching the chart when all three setups happened… all two where opposite signal and one was too late…

Debugging as we speak…

Hey median !

I will definitely be following the stats !
Nice to see you working on it. I wish you the best results with this live account :slight_smile:
Just keep this thread alive ! :slight_smile:

Thank you pelekaz…

Now this is what i have done today…

After rigorous testing… and i mean RIGOROUS… simulator has been running on my laptop for 4 days on tick data… i came to the conclusion that backtesting in ctrader could not be further from the truth…

SO… i have decided that it is really worth the risk that i use a small capital like that in testing 15 different instances and settings from two versions of the same bot on live testing… if it blows then it blows… it’s a live test after all… however if it does not… then WELL DONE i guess…

i will add few more buck to recap the account… and watch what happens…

The settings and params i am loading in each instance do not over trade … infact if we combine all instances at the same time we might get 3-4 trades a day… so i am not very worried… but i do NOT suggest copying an account that risky yet…

This is a quest to find the best performer on a live account… and in such a market if you can’t put your money where your mouth is then perhaps you are not fit for trading…

That said… i am working on a different strategy that involves mtf parabolic sars… it showed promise in backtesting but that is a different case… i might even get to the conclusion that FXPro is trading against me!!! i don’t know how that is possible using ctrader’s open platform but maybe it is the case… specially if there was no news at the time of the trade…

Bottomline… LIVE testing is the ONLY way to know if your strategy works… backtesting “even with tickdata” is only good for confirming the bot is actually opening trades and frequency…

Also forget DEMO accounts… they are worthless… i have learned that lesson many years ago the HARD way…

I’ll keep updating you guys on progress… also you can watch the live test via the link shared earlier…

HAPPY PIPPIN!

Hi median,
well looks like bot in not running fine for some reason, just double checked the last trade it took in GU 10:50 buy on my ctrader platform and the signal wasn’t clear at all, and for egz, why it did nothing on clear buy signal 8:30 or 9:30 (gmt time) ? It looks like it chooses the wrong side all the time, and SAR on 10:50 was showing selling also.
Obviously if it was a manual trade you wouldn’t take it. BTW was is the set RR for bot ?

Well actually yes… i was taking opposite signals… combining and matching other settings… the last trade was forced by me to be in an opposite direction… it is just part of debugging my bot…

Starting this week… we will start running 18 instances at the same time… each with it’s own settings and without over trading of course so the account doesn’t blow up…

Actually each setting has it’s own timing… so around 3-4 instances will be in control at any given time… the reason why i am running all these instances is to max the reasonable risk so when i invest a large amount of funds and run one or two of such instances i’ll at least be mostly safe from extreme drawdowns…

Over this weekend i’ll max out whatever optimum parameters i can get, and on other pairs… so far i have reached a profit factor of 54+ which is AMAZING but didn’t have a chance to run that profile yet…

Once i post the code of the bot i’ll also share the settings and a full guide on how to re-optimize those settings… No bot will be successful forever, and if we keep evolving on weekly basis with the market, i believe we’ll always be one step ahead :wink:

Next week is a stress test so let’s see how it goes…

So ya, the bot is running… it took two trades in the last three days for a total of 40 pips…

Which is not bad but TOO early to judge it…

As extensive testing showed that i cannot rely on backtesting for anything… it just messes up the trades… and this strategy still proves profitable in manual trading…

While studying other pairs… i have found that GBP/JPY showed much potential using the regular setup, however due to the volatility of the pair… reversing can happen quite earlier than TP level… and since anything less that 1:1 is not my game i would not risk it…

So… i adapted a new calculation… and converted one great indicator to calgo… and this is the “Potential” Setup… i have been plotting signals and TPs on the chart the whole night while the market is moving “just to make sure no repaints occur” … till few minutes ago… and decided to share with you what i have got :slight_smile:

Over 530 pips in one night!!!

It’s too dreamy i know… but this method took crazy eyeballing till i grabbed it…

It is so intense that it captured almost every single swing today!

Blue lines are Buys, Purpules are Sells… Connected Green line is enter buy, Dotted Green is exit buy… Connected Red is enter sell… Dotted red is exit sell!

Also may start live testing it soon… but manually … as you can see the risk/reward ratio is very compelling…

The indicator is still messy and extremely CPU intensive… To give you a prespective, it requires 3days+ of testing only 4 variables, on M5 open bars “not tick data”, while using almost 80% of my i7 8 cores processor to backtest the last two months :smiley: , so once i stabilize it i’ll share it with you guys, it is based on the modified inverse fisher transform formula if you are in a rush and can do it yourself… so it’'s a non lagging mostly… here is the link i used for the full calculations: TRADERS’ TIPS - October 2010

HAPPY PIPPIN!

Happening now… EURJPY M5

Wow Median, this is crazy man. Is it 5 digit broker you are testing it on ?
Cool, waiting patiently for final release.
Is it hard to program cAlgo ? Is it similar to metatrader or more user friendly ? :slight_smile:

TP1 Hit at 26.1 Pips…

Moved to breakeven + 3,

Looking for a second TP once the smaller candlestick Tendency reverses…