Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Here is a short video I made a few months ago that explains how I do my strong weak rankings

2 Likes

thanks!!!

Hey Dennis, is there anyway you could send me that excel sheet? PM if possible thanks!!

This is one sleepy market, these % numbers are since midnight eastern time, Strongest is Euro and weakest is Pound, put the two together and you have a 50 pip move on the day. That is a slow market

Here is screen shot, just copy on to your excel, formula is shown for cell E5, you can just copy and past for E6 through E11

For trend traders this market sucks, just a lot of small back and forth moves.

Here is my weekly look at the markets, US Fed Reserve Chair Janet Yellen talk on Friday spooked the markets on what other wise was a very slow week

Markets continue to tighten

US dollar continues to rally, I am patiently waiting for some of these counter trend moves to run their course and jump in as prices start moving back in direction of longer term trend

August ends with the strong weak, and the weak strong

I will post some more month end stuff later tonight

Last 5 time USDJPY has been above the 200 ma on the 4 hr chart has been a great short, we are there again, can we repeat for a 6th time

My Year to date strong weak rankings show Yen with a huge advantage over all other currencies

Year to date % moves for all the pairs, biggest movers all have either Yen or pound

For the first time since March 28th, Yen is our weakest currency. Note; after March 28th, the yen only took 6 trading days to get back to #1. Yen is a buy here

What I am Trading

My short USDCAD trade has been looking like a total bust and one in hindsight I should had closed following the engulfing candle on August 19th, but I stuck with it and today’s action is giving me reason to continue to do so. If we can get a daily close below 1.3000 I will feel good about next weeks outlook for this pair

Another strong day for yen pairs as this years strongest currency the Yen continues to pullback. I am watching for a price action signal to short one of these pairs. As I have said in the past, best time to buy the yen is when it is weak

Here is my weekly market reveiw, Markets look ready to make a move

Market was lead today by Cad, but as expected, a pretty slow trading day

Note, that should be Sept 5th not 4th

USD gets hit hard as Market feels no rate hike coming, good news as I am short dollar against CAD and AUD

Here we go again, USDJPY has broken back below 4hr chart 200 ma, if the pattern continues we should see a new yearly low

NZD is doing well here but watch out for the Yen, another move like today and Yen could be sitting at #2