Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Yen remains strong on a down day for US stocks.

Markets are really dead right now as all eyes are on tonight’s presidential debate. My money is on Trump

USDCAD is trying to break above the 200 day moving average, this still looks like a big bearish flag, a reversal back below the 200 ma would not be a bad place to go short this pair

a little weakness in Yen today but nothing major

What is your formula in computing: Which is strongest/weakest currency?

AUD regains #1 as US stock rally

Here is a short video that explains how I do my rankings

Is this auto compute or manual?

You used the formula:

(Closing price of daily chart - ‘Current price of 200 SMA’ of every 4 hrs)[B] / [/B]Closing price of daily chart

Correct me if I’m wrong?

I’m amazed of your strategy because its different in other “Strongest/Weakest analysis”. Some traders used Multi-TimeFrame with different approach like calculating pips but I’m still contacting the author of that post in other forum site to learn how he calculate that.

[QUOTE=Mamaril;787870]Is this auto compute or manual?

You used the formula:

(Closing price of daily chart

Yes manual using excel

I use the 200 sma off the 4hr chart, and try to do my rankings close to 5 pm so to get a true end of the trading day number. There are many ways to do a strong weak, as far as I know I am the only one doing it using the Yen as my common denominator. Strong/Weak analysis is a tool, I also us technical analysis over weekly, daily, 4hr and 1hr charts. Bottom line I am looking for trend and trades that I can stay in for weeks sometimes months. No day trading here

2 Likes

It is getting crowded at the top.

Here is my weekly market review video,

Good day for AUD, bad day for GBP

Surge in USD and Euro today

and remember what I have said about waiting to buy Yen when it is weak, we are getting to that point

rank order little change from yesterday

Getting ready for the storm, expecting 100 mph winds here in Orlando

USD takes over #1 for first time since late July

Yep I am in Jax not to far away going to get nasty. Stay safe man looks like it is getting really close to you.

It stayed offshore so not so bad here, windy but only an inch of rain over night, a summer thunderstorm is far worse then what we have seen so far. It is looking good for you in Jax as it looks to stay well off your cost. I am sure there will be lots of damage right along the cost line

Not to bad in my area but it did some damage. Bunch of trees down and no power. Up by the coast got banged up pretty good especially St Augustine. Got some winds gusts over 100 mph but all in all could have been much worse for sure

Here is my weekly market review video

AUD regains the #1 spot as US stocks rally, GBP is trying to find support