Simple, proven and profitable S/R system

There are a lot of various trading systems on the internet, but most of them are unusable and mainly not profitable in the long term. For this reason, I would like to introduce my (proven and profitable) trading system utilizing the S / R zones.

I can definitely recommend the system to everyone, because it is very simple, but a very very profitable!

It’s just amazing how so simple trading system can be profitable. So here the saying below is really true:

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication (Leonardo da Vinci)

The system is built on a powerful indicator showing important S / R zones, which I found on the internet. So all credits go to the author. Over the years that I trade, I have not seen any better indicator on the S / R zones.

1) Firstly Id like to tell you more about the indicator for the important support and resistance zones, which I use in this system. The indicator shows the resistance and supports on the high quality price zones only. So the indicator doesn´t draw a lot of the zones, but it draws only the important ones.
However, its main advantage is that it also shows us the quality of resistance and support zones. Or rather, how many times the market tested a given zone (S / R). Here, logically, the more times the market tested the zone, the zone will be stronger and more valid.

You can download the indicator here:
sr_zones_new.ex4.zip (74.8 KB)

Settings of the indicator

The indicator has more settings, but the Factor and zone_extend are the most important for us:

a) Factor = how strong S / R zones should the indicator show (default 0.5)
b) zone_extend = whether the indicator should connect near S / R zones together (default false)

2) The whole trading system can be traded on any market and any timeframe (which is a big advantage). The lower the timeframe you choose, the more you will receive signals (more trades), but logically the trades will be shorter (faster opened and closed). It is up to every trader to choose the trading style that suits him.

The trading system is very simple and consists in the search for strong S / R levels (those which have been tested by the market at least once, but ideally 2 to 3 times).

Once the price hits the strong S / R zone (previously tested by the market), I open a trading position against the direction of the market (I use limit orders). Then I hold the trade until the price reaches the opposite S / R zone.

Buy trade:
Price reaches the strong support (must be tested at least once). At that moment, I am opening the buy trade. I set TP below the closest resistance. The SL is the same amount of pips from the entry price as TP - so I simply use RRR ratio 1 : 1.

Sell trade:
Price reaches the strong resistance (must be tested at least once). At that moment, I am opening the sell trade. I set TP above the nearest support. The SL is the same amount of pips from the entry price as TP - again, I simply use the 1 : 1 RRR ratio.

Final info:
The indicator shows only the strong S / R zones. Not like other S / R indicators, which are drawing S / R zones everywhere That’s why I like the indicator a lot, and I also recommend you to zoom out the chart little bit to see all zones. For intraday trading, I recommend to choose M5 or M1 chart. For swing trading I like H1 chart the most.

With this indicator, of course, you can trade any other trading system. The system described above is only my the most simple variation of the system. I also trade the previously untested S / R zones, but this style is much difficult and requires more experience (I will show also a couple of these trades in this thread). Of course, if you will change the trading strategy, its 100% up to you. :wink:

HCooper

There are a couple of examples - very nice opportunities on both EUR/USD and GBP/USD yesterday.

One more example…

Nice trade example…

We had very nice verified support and the second bounce (based on the rules from the first post, we should set limit order in the S/R zone, place TP under the nearest resistance, in the same amount of pips place SL and simply go away…

But I choose a little bit different approach here. I waited for a bounce, then go buy with SL right under the support. Firstly I place the TP under the nearest resistance, but finally I closed the trade right after the break of Doji candle on M5 time-frame.

As you can see, there are simply a lot of ways how you could trade the opportunities that appear every single day. But once again, please stick to the simplest rules in the first post (or change them on your own, but firstly keep it simple) and improve little by little.

I saw this on forex factory. You only supply the EX4 file though, i wanted to use the output from the indicator in an EA. Do you have the source for this indicator? Ive found something similar which marks the same zones.

Why using an indicator when you can see the S/R zones with your eyes?

Hello, I am not the author of the indicator, so unfortunately I have only the .ex4 version.

Yes, you can see and draw the S/R zones by yourself. But I like the indicator because it draws only a few the most important S/R zones. Also it shows if the S/R zone is weak / proven / verified and how many times was the S/R zone tested by the market. It also redraw S/R zones to show only the most actual ones - so there are certain advantages that I like :wink:

A couple of yesterday trades… :57:

Why use a car when you can walk? You get the point?

Dear friend
Tell what about time Frame
H1 H4 M5 M15 M30
will it work !

I believe this indicator is a modified version of the one i have (colours are different, but the zones are the same), I have managed to utilise the zones in the EA but i am having troubles determining a perfect entry point once the price hits a good zone.

I thought Heiken Ashi might have helped, but I’m still trying to figure out what is considered a good “bounce”

Note - This indicator is incredibly CPU intensive when backtesting (even over a week worth of data) so we have to be quite specific on entry rules.

Yes, I get it, but maybe the car can be more effective… :13:

Hello, I mostly trade intraday with this system, I like M1 and M5 the most. But I am quite sure that this will work on any TF / market that you would like to trade as this is simply the way how markets work.

I trade the system manually, with the EA it’s little bit complicated - maybe try to add some Price Action filters or just go for a trade by limit order with small SL and trail TP, but I am not sure if and how this could work in EA.

This is what I have so far

I’ve probably already answered on FF. :slight_smile: Thanks for the video - good to see how the indicator works in that way. The indicator deletes all S/R zones that are not actual anymore and keeps the only S/R zones that are actual based on current market moves. So it is not possible to look in the history, but in real time, there are good opportunities with the indicator.

Two more examples from yesterday trading…

Very nice market reactions on AUD/USD yesterday.

This thread is awesome. I used this strategy also to see the resistance and support that will indicate the trend.
Very useful to know the support level and resistance level.