Is it possible to have 100% gain with only one trade a day?

Hello guys! I would like some help on a question : Is it possible to have 100% gain with only one trade a day? If there is , what is the strategy? I intend to make only one trade per day

This book will help you [U]hugely[/U]: [I]Profitability & Systematic Trading[/I], by Michael Harris (Wiley 2007).

It’s possible. The odds are very low, but it’s possible. You’d basically need to make about 0.4% per day.

Yes - trade options.

its possible to make 100% per one trade aswell. it all depends on your knowledge and skill… and your trading style.

The simple answer is yes. But here’s why not to do it.

1. [B]Don’t force yourself to make “one trade per day.”[/B] Forcing yourself to make “one trade per day” will make tedious and impatient to make a stupid trade to fit your "one trade a day criteria. Yet, if you scalp or are a intra-day trader by all means do that, but be careful eventually spreads and the market will catch up to you unless you have some sort of strong edge in your strategy. Being eager to make a certain number of trades per day will result in poor risk management.

2. [B]All trades are different[/B], trades may have many reasons to be made and there are numerous strategies. There may be no good trades to make some days that fit your risk tolerance or even your strategy for trading. Yet, some days may fit your strategy/strategies and or risk tolerance and offer you numerous trading opportunities.

3. [B]You fail to realize you can hold a position for more than one day and continue to profit off of it.[/B] If you’re afraid of pullbacks or for the trade to go against you in the end what you can do is if the trade is going your way take partial profits at the point that will allow you to break even where and if the trade ends up going against you and hitting your stop loss. Now you’ll at least be broken even.

4. (Lol this is basically number 2 again) [B]No one trade is exactly alike, maybe the trade fits your strategy criteria, but each trade can range from being slightly or drastically different from one another, based off several different factors.[/B] This means you’ll be profiting different amounts from almost every single trade you make, because the market doesn’t offer the exact. Not to mention you’ll have losing trades some days as well as losing days.

5. [B]Think of trading as more as progression of equity growth accumulated over time[/B], and not simply setting stupid goals like I’m going to make "500 dollars per day " or even a set number of trades you want to make per day to get you to your “100%” return goal, this will result in impatient trades and force reckless trading during necessary times where the market fails to fit your trading strategy. This may in the end lead you to losses. Which will potentially cause a cycle of over leveraging to make back losses through more impatient trades to make those losses back as fast as possible, which in the end leads to more losses and a disappearance of your trading life and equity. Rather than causing such an unnecessary cycle you can instead choose to be patient and smart and make trades that only fit your trading criteria/plan/strategies.

I’d argue that it’s much more about luck when talking about any single trade.

Plus the use of lots of leverage!

Indeed … exactly so. “Prediction” and “edge” are inherently collective issues, in trading, rather than having any realistic significance to individual trades: it’s basically a probability function.