Forex Machine Learning Tool with a GUI

I hope this is not in violation of any rules…

I have created a simple and free user interface based data mining tool for forex (and other) traders. As it was part of a contract with a client that got cancelled, I wanted to share it for free with the community.

algominr.com

Let me know what you think. If some people find it useful I might add some features.

3 Likes

Looks very interesting.

Is there any way you could give us a live example of how you use it in actual trading? I mean, how does the data and results of your program translate into actual entries & exits (if indeed that’s the purpose).

1 Like

There’s no fixed entry/exit system at the moment. The machine learning models just predict the movement of the price. If that movement covers the trading cost (1% of the position atm) it will create a buy/sell signal.

I guess at the moment it can just help you in your discretionary trading decision process. I’m currently planning on extending the system quite a bit.

Maybe I can even do a metatrader integration if people require that.

1 Like

I’m currently working on a new version that will make it possible to create strategies with a simplified visual programming system (similar to Orange Data Mining but focused on trading, which makes it all a lot simpler.)

I probably can quite easily create an MT4/MT5 integration (to let your strategies run there). Do you think any other integration is needed? What other trading clients do most of you use?

1 Like

After some nice feedback about my last tool, I decided to expand on the idea and have created a new version which features more machine learning models (random forests, artificial neural networks), and the possibility to change the strategy logic with a simplified visual scripting tool. Further you can hook up your predictions and data import to MT4.

Also there’s a youtube tutorial for those who prefer that.

algominr.com

Let me know what you think

1 Like

I am lost with this to be honest. Is this a GUI to trade with FIX API? I have heard about FIX API but I do not know how it works… :S

This is just to create strategies. You can trade the strategies with MT4 or any other platform you use.

For MT4 there is an expert that connects the program and displays your strategies signal on the chart.

No need to have a FIX API :slight_smile:

oh great!

Thanks then mate!

Amazing,
I am downloading it right now to run it. But this is so cool :slight_smile: Keep up the good work and I subscribed to the email list as well.

Cheers
Chris

I have problem running the program both as Administrator or not. I am using Win10 on a Lenovo.

Sorry for the late reply. This seems to be a problem with some Win10 installations. Is your Win10 up to date? I will try figuring out whats wrong and will get back to you.

Thanks for posting the bug!

I cant reach the software from the site. Can somebody upload it and share it with me? Thanks in advance!

I’ve updated algominr. You can find the new version here:

Let me know if you have problems or questions. Also I would like to know if you need any other connections except the one to Metatrader 4.

Thanks a lot for this post. I’m amazed at what you created. I am downloading it now. So it can help you create systems yes? I have a very simply system I am developing only using open high low and close prices maybe the volume figure as well. Will I be able to use this algominr to backtest the system and use to trade it? I’m going to read your site about how to use it etc. I’m completely new to programing, I can only write some basic excel functions…

Thanks for the interest! Yes you can develop your own systems with it, without the need for programming. Backtesting and trading is also included. However, there are still a couple of bugs, so I appreciate everybody who can test it.

Let me know if you need help creating your system. I will release some youtube tutorials on how to setup some strategies in the next couple of days.

Using two artificial neural networks to predict the influence of the DE30 and US30 indices on the EURUSD currency pair.

Hi there,

I am as noob as I can be, but I am interested in ML and AI. I dont have a strategy yet as I just finished babypips school and I just started demo account and so on. But I am interested in automating all this trading. Have you found any other similar tools somewhere, I mean, this could go maybe bigger than you if you can make it an open source project, just my thought. I will look into this. Thanks for sharing, Will let you know how it works for me on my demo account if I can use it on it.

@FriedButterBacon

Thank you for sharing this great tool! You had to put a lot of effort into it.

I have some experience with indicators produced by ML and found it difficult to predict indicator’s behavior on live (new) data. Many times a trained model is curve-fitted and does not perform well even if results on test data are good.
What testing procedure do you recommend? Monte Carlo simulation?

Hi Peter

the problem with Monte Carlo is that it actually can make the effect you want to capture go away.

Usually what I look for is:

• include plenty of transaction costs
  • do a walk forward analysis
  • the test sample should have more than 100 trades (preferably in both directions)… but this is of course just a rule of thumb.

When you find something like this, you first start paper trading to validate your strategy further. Then you should also find an explanation for why your strategy works… and then you can think about going live :slight_smile:

Added a new version with a simple to use strategy wizard: