No indicators, No volume, No fancy drawings. Only Price, that's enough

I mean this:

Just using price as your indicator, placing a tight stop loss, executing the trade.

Repeat.

Price tells you everything you need to know about where he wants to go.

Here’s the correlation EURUSD/DXY

If you sell the DXY, buy EURUSD, the reverse is also true :slight_smile:

https://puu.sh/tpcbY/3b86ddad78.png

Hi,

Nice Thread, best of Luck.

Aussie gave me an opportunity to go SHORT! :slight_smile:

hello, good trade there can you like tell me why that was a good supply zone and the second zone did not hold?

I am still trying to learn supply and demand zones and get confused in these sort of situations to trade which zone .

Support and resistance mainly, can you see that in that area there is resistance?

Supply zone + resistance = bounce :slight_smile:

Obviously there are other clues to watch for, but these are the main reasons.

Please excuse my mentioning that “Price tells you everything you need to know about where he wants to go” isn’t a helpful response at all to Tommor’s question on the previous page.

He asked why you sometimes buy and sometimes sell in an uptrend. I was also wondering.

You’ve posted examples of each, without actually commenting on your reasons for entering long or short in relation to whether there was an uptrend or a downtrend.

I can’t help wondering whether “[I]post facto[/I]” trades, selected and published with hindsight, really achieve anything more than a display of your trading prowess, if you’re unable to explain the fundamental processes of what you’re doing when people ask (as they inevitably will, when you post your trades in a forum).

In my case, you don’t need to “convince” me of the benefits of price action trading, because it’s how I’ve been making my own living for many years, but having read the thread a few times, I still don’t really begin to understand what the factors are that are prompting you to enter trades. Comments like “Price tells you everything you need to know about where he wants to go” clearly aren’t going to help anyone to understand that. They also run the risk of being interpreted as saying, in essence, no more than “I know something you don’t know”, which - in turn - may make some people wonder whether some promotional motivation for posting these trades will duly be revealed.

I cast [I][U]no[/U][/I] aspersions at all, but you can perhaps appreciate that the combination of posting selected, [I]post-facto[/I] trades and not being willing to answer questions about them with anything beyond generalisations and aphorisms, in these circumstances, is bound to raise some eyebrows as to your motivation for sharing your apparently so-successful trades?

Nice post lexys. I’d kind of given up on this but maybe we can still learn something.

Sorry if I gave you all a wrong impression. I am not selling anything here.

I’m sharing my insights in price action trading, and that is my mode of sharing with you my trades, which are not “apparently successful”.

[B]Tommor[/B], ask your questions, I’ll be ready to answer them in a nice an thorough way.

I’m sorry again, didn’t see that the question Tommor asked was quoted above.

He asked why you sometimes buy and sometimes sell in an uptrend. I was also wondering.

I usually trade in the trend direction because, you know the adage “trade with the trend”, still sometimes, when I see a nice opportunity for a scalp, I give it a shot if the cluster above or below is solid enough to bounce the price.

I’ll post some examples in the coming days as recently I’m mostly scalping.

Please, bear with this thread, it won’t be easy to learn my Supply and Demand style, but if you’re an hardworking fellow you’ll learn that.

My entry for today on USDJPY M15.

Do you see the demand zone that I marked in green? Well that’s a pretty strong demand and it is bouncing price well enough.
Reward:risk ratio should be at lease 2:1, but I think that in this particular case price will reach the strong supply above.

Let’s see what happens!

AUDCAD Sold the news a an higher time frame supply zone :slight_smile:

Here’s AUDCAD daily time frame in which I found the Supply Zone.

Looks good Heretic (USD/JPY). Fingers crossed.

So, I received many requests about my trading plan. I’m going to share the entry and the exits here

[ul]
[li]I only trade 10 pairs: EURUSD, AUDUSD, GPDUSD, EURJPY, AUDCAD, AUDJPY, NZDUSD, XAUUSD, USDJPY, EURGBP.
[/li][li]My maximum risk is based on stop loss and I risk a maximum of 3% of my equity even when I open multiple positions, my maximum risk is 3% cumulative
[/li][li]I trade from Monday morning until Friday afternoon (14:00). I am London based.
[/li][/ul]

Entry with a Sell Order

I enter only if I find that current price is approaching a cluster of price left (see below for an example). I usually touch trade the cluster that are not yet touched setting the stop loss before the cluster area.
The target usually is another cluster of price below the entry. The distance must at least be 2:1 Reward:Risk ratio, otherwise I do not trade.

Example #1

Entry with a Buy Order

I enter only if I find that current price is approaching a cluster of price left (see below for an example). I usually touch trade the cluster that are not yet touched setting the stop loss before the cluster area.
The target usually is another cluster of price below the entry. The distance must at least be 2:1 Reward:Risk ratio, otherwise I do not trade.

Example #2

Here’s my plan. Simple, yet effective.

Any questions? Ask, I’ll reply.

Careful to the USDCHF!

I think that a nice trade is approaching!

Greetings Heretic,

I am always grateful to those who choose to help others through their knowledge and experience, so thank you. I have a couple of questions… 1) I was wondering if you do any sort of top down analysis to determine a buy/sell bias when looking at supply/demand zones. Or, for the most part do you “rely” on price to react to these zones even though price may blow through a zone without stopping? With a min 2:1 risk, over time you should be profitable? 2) The charts you post are anywhere from 5min to daily, and sometimes have weekly info on them, is there a time frame you like to trade or do you trade any/every time frame and just adjust your lot size to match your exposure rules…Thanks

Hi dhmpsn, I’d like to have inputs like yours in this thread but it seems that people wants only easy things and get-rich-quick schemes.
Thank you for the interest.

To answer your questions:

1- Yes, I always to a top down analysis. I study all the time frames, from Monthly to 1-minute TF. Usually, Supply and Demand areas based on monthly TFs are well respected, while on lower TFs, I usually look for other clues.
What’s more important though, is how price react to those levels. I [B]always wait for reaction[/B].
If price reacts violently it is because of the many pending orders left at the levels. If price goes sideways, it means that the level is probably going to break.
2- Like I said above, once you are able to spot the reaction of price at certain levels, you can trade every time frame. For my peace of mind I usually trade from the 1h to the daily.
I used a fixed fractional trading approach which is more conservative for me :slight_smile:

Thanks Heretic for your reply, I have been busy playing nurse maid to some sick family members over the last few days and have been away from the computer. Over the weekend, I hope to do my own buy/sell analysis on some to the pairs on your list and identify some s/d zones for you to critique if you are willing.

Here’s one more who’s interested in what you do and who’d be perfectly happy with a get-rich-slow scheme :47:

So thanks for posting, and I hope you continue…

Could you give an example for what you’re looking for once price reaches one of your levels? I’m currently trying to learn this kind of trading and I seem to have a real knack for picking zones where price just bulldozers through…

An example:

looks good to me. Is it? If not, why not?

Edit: just to clarify, I’m thinking about a short here with a stop of ~1.0125 and a target somewhere in the 0.9900 area.