Multiple Moving Average Cross System

Is th is the one u talking 1 ema and 150 ema. In 5m it look really perfect… Good for scalper like me using 5m n 10m. Will try out tomorrow when fish market open n catch some nice fish… Yea… Hahaha

But was wondering for the arrow I put. It cross down. And if I trade sell but in 5min it shoot up it b a losing trade right?

[I]" How… My Bot executes a trade on the [U]first (or second) candle to close on the new side of the slow EMA[/U] and continues the trade to a preset TP closes the trade then waits dormant until the opposite condition repeats. Effectively a semi auto strategy".
[/I]
As I showed in one of the first posts… you should wait for the second even third candle as confirmation.

“[I]EMA 1 and the Slow EMA 100/170/200 (set to move outside of EMA 1 fluctuations).”

[/I]Change Slow EMA (100-200) so it is outside as many pivot points as possible (This sets slow EMA to suit current volatility).

The smaller the slow EMA the earlier the entry signal.

If the trend runs for 500 pips missing 50 - 90 pips Insurance policy isn’t going to hurt…

Oic… So I being doing it wrong all the while… So meaning I have to wait for 2nd candle even 3rd candle for conformation than can place order. Am I right to say that?

Hi Alan… yes correct wait a few candles… 2 would have confirmed the trend on Friday evening (Our Time)

XAUUSD bounced of the EMA 150 mid UK Session on Friday now up 450 pips in first 4 hours of the week.

A large bearish engulfing candle then formed on 5m, I sold @ 360 pips… Now wait for similar setup.

[I]

[/I]

Hi Welcome to the Jungle.

So this is essentially just entering once price has broken the slow ema?..Surely there is potential for a lot of ‘fake-outs’ during ranging periods? How do you place stop losses - swing high/lows?

Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon… Correct, as you can see from the chart I posted… once the price starts to range I’m out, or if it is already ranging I wait for a clean 2 or 3 candle break either side of the EMA…

I don’t use stops… I just have a hedge sitting 50 - 100 pips below the EMA point… once price has moved 200+ pips away from the EMA I move a SL (Break Even) in to 125 - 145 pips so I lock the profit if it should reverse. Or if it is a fake out, I kill the trade on first candle to close opposite side of EMA or even sooner.
Hence lots of $1.00 and $7.00 trades in my screenshot…

Once price is confirmed moving away from the EMA… I follow the price up with the BE eg: 300 pips I move BE to ~230 so on and so on… making sure you give the price room to “breath”

The main “Edge” is that Gold moves big pips in a short time… so you may take a couple of hits on the entries but the winning trades are huge pips… Have a look at some of my other posts… 1000 pips a day is not unusual. (screenshot of trade screen somewhere on here from using a Heikin Ashi Strategy).

OK thanks, that makes sense. From one of your screenshots in this thread (post #15, 2nd winning trade in screenshot) it looks like you also trade the bounce off the slow EMA?

Jon

Wow.!!!power !!!sweet!!!ok I’m trying out now.

So what is the best pair? Or any pair?

I’m not sure there’s an objective “best” pair (for example someone who’s extensively studied the Turkish economy might have a specific reason for trading USD/TRY).

But for most people’s purposes, most of the time, something with high liquidity and low dealing-costs (small spreads) is typically better than something without them; many people choose EUR/USD partly for these reasons; I always found GBP/USD good, as well.

Understand, I’m trading with mostly eurusd, sometimes in gbpusd

[I]“So what is the best pair? Or any pair?”[/I]

[I]“The main “Edge” is that Gold moves big pips in a short time… so you may take a couple of hits on the entries but the winning trades are huge pips… Have a look at some of my other posts… 1000 pips a day is not unusual.”

[/I]I have explained the benefits of XAU about 6 times in this thread…

WTF…No wonder people struggle with FX, they do not read what is handed to them on a platter…

[U][B]950[/B][/U] pips over the last 6 hours on XAUUSD… [U][B]550 [/B][/U] on XAUEUR… over AUD$2000 in 8 hours @ $1.00 per pip…

I think your “pips” are out by a factor of 10 by the way. In most traders’ language that’s 95 pips and 55 pips. When I saw you talking about hundreds and hundreds of pips with this I nearly fell over! :wink:

I can see how today would have been nice and profitable but I don’t understand how you would deal with ranging periods e.g. yesterday (20th Mar) there were 4 or 5 crosses over a four-hour period?

Many thanks
Jon

Each time it crossed the EMA 200 (5m chart) it reversed above ~120 pips giving plenty of time to get out before it reversed completely back to the EMA…I set a hedge 200 pips above and below the EMA so I waited for it to break out of the range (like XAUUSD always does). Set an EMA 200 and check the XAUUSD 5m Chart back over 3 mths… it is like clockwork…

My first trade (3 candles below EMA) was a short of 492 Pips @ 12:30pm (+11 UTC) and closed when price started to range, being closed by a signifiant opposing candle …Trend travelled 680 pips .

Second trade (4 Candles above EMA) was a long of 780 pips @ 23:30 (+11 UTC) when price broke hard above the EMA 200… passing through my entry hedge +200 of EMA…I closed out trade at 1:30am after signifiant opposing candle…(Bedtime) This trend continued on for another 500 pips before ranging again at the start of the Asian session. A total of 1400+ pips was up for grabs on the last trend alone…

Both trades were duplicated and setups were used on XAUEUR which moves almost in tandem with XAUUSD… Doubling the potential…

You must be using a way different platform or pricing than me…Currency crosses are measured differently yes.

Anyone else out there substantiate the factor of 10 comment? And please explain XAU Crosses to Jon…

Check your charts… I’m not making this stuff up… This strategy was all laid out in the posts the days before…Trading 101…
I think this will me my last post for a while… its becoming tedious…

PS: Just noticed…Your chart is different to mine, I only had 3 EMA crosses between 9.00am 21st and 1.00am 22nd. Make sure you are using XAUUSD and not just Spot Gold… that could be the difference. You have quite a few spikes on your chart that I don’t have… my account is ECN…

Thanks for this explanation:

But don’t appreciate this condescension…

I only have spot gold on my platform so this may be the issue.

I have over many posts given a clear and extremely detailed method to profit from FX… The simplest of strategies…

One poster comes along and asks which cross to use?? After the “edge” of using XAUUSD has been detailed and posted over half a dozen times…wtf is that…

You come along and tell me I’m incorrect with my pip count *&%$# and then question the trading strategy, only we find you haven’t paid attention to the cross you are instructed to use either…

I’m now waiting for someone to come along and tell me that I’m using the wrong Font in my posts…

Reminds of that scene in Wolf of Wall Street near the start where Jordan is explaining the concept in the dinner and all the guys are going on about lesbian nuns, Amish Buddhists and people that don’t want to be rich… Frustrating

If you like the concept but are uncomfortable with that specific aspect of it then experiment with a directional filter. Your stomach, risk appetite & confidence might not match that of Mr Jungle, therefore use the framework as it’s presented & tweak it slightly to see if it offers you something positive.

There’s no law says you can’t experiment. If it doesn’t work in your favor then drop the addition & return to the drawing board.

Keep everything else as it is, retain the moving averages on the appropriate timeframes, but add in a confirmatory requirement that you will only take long positions off the 5 minute chart moving average trigger when your instrument of choice (gold in this example) is clearly trading with bullish momentum.

The opposite scenario for a bearish slant on the week.

Your confirmation of a directional bias might be your instrument trading above the prior day (and/or week) high as is the case on gold this week.

That translates to you only triggering long positions north of the 5 minute mov average [B]& ignoring all crosses to the south[/B] until & unless gold trades south of its previous day low and/or is confirmed by the mov average on your 1 hour chart.

When that double bubble combination matches up you’re good to take positions short through crosses on your 5 minute moving average, ignoring all long crosses.

Instruments such as gold are very reactive to market forces & can often turn on a sixpence, so bullish pressure from Mon thru Wed can sometimes turn tail & by mid Thurs could well be threatening multi-day lows, in which case your 2 combination bias (prior day lows + 1 hr mov average ) would come into play.

Your results or activity levels probably won’t match Mr Jungle’s but you might find you reduce your whipsaws & blood pressure into the bargain.

The only way you’ll discover whether or not something like that offers you potential for positive expectancy however is to give it a whirl.

I wanna learn forex from you sir!

How are you getting on with this GOLD system of yours Babypips_001? Are you still making hundreds of “pips”?