Irresponsible Authors

Hello there “Pips”.

-Feel free to take down the post if you deem the post is sort of a provocation/insulting/negative post Mods.

[U]Content[/U]

After reading countless of trading system posted here, I’d found out that most of the authors whom posted threads in regards to their own trading system here were really irresponsible. Why? This is because, they do not provide any crystal clear guidance in the LONG-TERM BASIS. Most of the authors hyped the thread up initially by stating the facts that the system works, the system are profitable, the system is good and blah blah blah. But, little did I know, when users starts giving comments for improvement, discussion were formed, the AUTHOR themselves, kept quiet for months/years without giving any further clarification on how the strategy is performing? This is an irresponsible manner. I TOO, can create a thread full of forex strategies but the problem lies in, if I am going to do so, I would have to ensure that in the long term basis, I would be able to helped the newbies/amateurs out when they’d encountered some issues in it.

Subsequently, this brings no rooms for improvement as the “author of the thread” left the thread cliffhanging for some reason. Besides, some authors were ridiculously funny. Created "tons’ of threads to subsidies for the system that has not been working well over the past few years. I pondered on it on why I should even follow the system in the first place or even helped to developed it when the author chose to kiss goodbye to the thread and start a new thread with absolute zero relation to the original thread such as the “Amazing Crossover System” threads? I, myself had been trading technically for the past 1.5 years and had been learning a lot throughout the experience I had, when some other people encountered issue on how to trade, I helped them and make sure that they had full guidance from my end side. This is just like creating a service for the users, you dare to post something “stating” that it’s profitable, please make sure that you do own up the accountability of posting it when the system starts showing signs of deterioration = Losses.

I hope the users here took it as a form of advice, rather than getting defensive and starts throwing tantrum on this thread without any backed reasoning. I would love to see how many users agreed to this thread and that the authors would actually take a step forward to own up what they had posted.

P/S: Not only this happened here, I saw a lot of threads left hanging in the EA section as well. Well?

Best Regards,
Xavier.

[I]

[/I]Hey Xavier, Constructive criticism is acceptable which your post is…By the other posts you have left today, you sound like you are having a hard time of it.

A lot of posters here are either new and are searching for a profitable strategy or are having some success and are happy to “pay it forward” and reveal their “edge” to other traders. I have been very transparent with my learning curve and some of the strategies I use, but it gets to a point where you say to yourself… it’s cost me a tonne of time and generally even more money to learn this…Why am I giving it away for free? A lot of other posters on this forum explain regulars that disappear as having “blown” their accounts and wandered off into the night… never to post again…quite possible. But I imagine even more just get on with their FX careers with nigh a backward glance to this forum.

On another thread you have “nailed” an MA Crossover strategy that someone is attempting to test… Why? Because it didn’t work for you? MA Crossovers are one of the easiest and most successful manual strategies out there for those with patience (It took a while for me to master as well… because I wasn’t disciplined enough to trade it properly).

Why should he come back with results after getting a spray from a new poster who’s having a bad day? Why should successful traders have to show you their results on myFX Book? Take their system, trial it in a demo and see for yourself. A huge problem with FX is there is literally 1000’s of strategies that do work and 1000’s more that don’t…Sometimes you have to blow your own nose and wipe your own a@#.

“[I]Your failures don’t measure my success” and should I fail. it only shows me one more way on how not to do it.[/I]
So true Scmonds

Yea i agree with jungle. Alot of posters here they just want to help one another cos all of us are still learning, Learning will never end even when we old we still learning. I also did post some of the strategies I using n share with other in here. So I’m consider as one of the irresponsible poster also? Every strategy suit different kind of trader, it may be suitable for me but not for u. Or it may be suitable for u but not me. Cos we using different time frame, dif trading habit. MA cross over is not suitable for me. Not because it not good, it cos I’m not good at using it. Chill man… There alot of experience mentor in here which will guide n gv us alot of tips which we won’t be able to learn from other place. It their experience their knowledge. Keep learning nv gv up.

First off, thank you for taking your precious time to comment on my thread here, I appreciate that a lot. In regards to your statement above, I am not having a hard time at all, I am just purely and merely stating out the hard truth facts that everyone should be aware of the strategy that had been posted on this segment.

Furthermore, I am not nailing it and if I were to nail it, I will make sure I do it the hard way because testing something with real money involved self-consciousness. I strongly believed that you do know that there’s many newbies over here following strategies that had been posted without doing any backed analysis on how things worked right? Which I had done and been there before, I am just giving the author a preliminary caution on what works and what doesn’t.

Subsequently, that “author” should definitely be RESPONSIBLE once the entire system/strategy is posted up in this forum. Who are responsible for thousands or millions of accounts getting blown? People are just merely following what had been instated inside the strategy itself. In continuation, MyFxBook is a good platform to display someone’s strategy/system on a long term basis as to how the strategy performed. On a side note, the “author” himself, posted a strategy in his MyFxBook account and it’s in negative statements, so why would he still post things on the thread while he himself couldn’t save himself from such a HUGE drawdown? Do you want to see more newbies getting into the drain as well? I would rather be TRUTHFUL and NAILING him down to get newbies out from the danger zone. That’s what I do on other forum as well.

Best Regards,
-Xavier-

You are IRRESPONSIBLE if you do not followed up on the thread that you had posted. (Please read this sentence twice or thrice before submitting another comment).

Keep learning and growing as a trader in the right pathway.

Best Regards
-Xavier-

Xavier… there are no free lunches when it comes to making money… you have to find the information on your own.

The strategies and ideas on this forum are supplied for free… you are not being asked to pay for anything…so how can you demand that posters supply their complete strategies to you … a mere stranger in some forum.

To be honest newbies should only be using BabyPips School, reading rated FX books or watching FX demonstrations on YouTube, not be reading forum threads where none of the information is guaranteed or can be substantiated…

Yours Irresponsibly…:58:

Not demanding but please own up the accountability they started from the first place. Just like when you had *** with a woman you love, she got pregnant, would you own up your responsibility? Same things here, we all are entitled to different views and pov, I don’t know what you think but this is pure irresponsibility. For instance, I can sell you EA at babypips too, but if you lost money, who were you to blame? Me? You? Ponder on it.

Best Regards,
-Xavier-.

My own instinctive sympathies tend to be with Xavier, here, though perhaps “irresponsible” is quite a strong word to use: a better and less exceptionable description, given the nature of the context, might perhaps be “entirely unconvincing” or maybe even “naively enthusiastic”?

But that happens a lot, in trading forums - it’s kind of “par for the course”?

please pardon mi if i say anything wrong, and my singlish…

everything hv both sides, there is good and bad, right n wrong, black n white.

Gd) posters post their strategy in forum it their good intention to help other trader and maybe can mod abit together so to make it more perfect strategy which hope can benefit everyone.

Bad) some posters just anyhow copy and paste strategy from web and post in forum that mislead other trader. What is their intention??? that (IDK) I DON’T KN.

Gd) some traders will try the strategy, which is back test, find out more info themselves, and try with demo account to prevent own real account busted… example 100 trades see how much is the successful rate. 50/100 ±, try on dif time frame ect…

Bad) some traders just jump into testing the strategy without finding more info and get account busted…

irresponsible…mmm, am i right to say both posters and traders have responsible?

every trader responsible is

1. understand yourself.
  2. master n approach.
  3. master a strategy.
  4. planning your trades.
  5. Track n Tweak.

Helping other trades to improve their trading is GOOD. I didn’t mentioned anything stating that helping is bad? But, helping HALFWAY and leaving the thread unintended makes the entire thing unattended is NOT HELPFUL

Secondly, which is why I bring this thread up in the first place.

In contrast to the third paragraph, this have to do more with the author whom posted the strategy in the first place. Let’s say, if I sell you something, you bought it, that means you are reluctant to accept the consequences of the product you bought.

Best Regards,
-Xavier.-

Please don’t misunderstand tat I say helping is bad, ofcourse it gd to help. Hope u understand 1 thing is, whenever a post is put up there must be someone asking qns. If not the post sure be left unattended. As for my post I put up I sure will ans qns if anybody ask. But sometimes is nobody ask so there nothing I can do also, I can’t possibly qns n ans myself right? I feel retarded if I do that… am I right to say tat? The 3rd paragraph yes I agree that this hv to do more with the author cos they r the one who posted the strategy. Tat y i did say they copy n anyhow post. Every thing hv 2 sided, and if buyer can’t accept the consequences of the product don’t buy it. Don’t even think of trying it. Just like in sg Samsung sell their hp to end-user. Once payment done it the buyer prob. Even if u on the phone and found a broken pixels on the screen on the spot u buy the hp, that your prob, and cos payment r done. They don’t 1 to 1 exchange. They just ask u put your hp there n do repair. Hope u understand what I’m trying to say. Im sorry I’m not high educated pls pardon me for my poor English.

Refer back to my old statements. This is a repetitive message.

Yep, even u ask mi thousand time my ans will still b the same. People willing to buy, we willing to sell. People willing to learn, we willing to teach. Just that simple. This is how the world work. Be realistic understand? There nothing more I can say already, u go think about it.
PS. Not I don’t want continue this tread. It just nothing for me to say already since thing can’t get into your head.