Trading MACD, OsMA, RSI on EURUSD, EURAUD, EURJPY

Hi Traders,

I’d like to share trading plan I have been trading for 3 months on EURUSD, EURAUD, EURJPY based on combination of trend following indicators and momentum indicator.

Entry conditions consist of elementary indicators like MACD, OsMA and RSI. Stoploss is calculated from ATR.

It has also good historical results for last year.

EURAUD

Trade Number x Balance ~ last year (screenshot taken from MT4 tester report) Vertical line marks the time when I started to trade it live.

Trading rules (screenshot taken from normanslab.com)
Long

Short

Profit x Time ~ last year

EURUSD Short

Principle of strategy is the same for all pairs however as you can see their parameters are different and position management as well.

I embraced semi-automatic approach of trading this - signals are opened automatically (so I don’t miss opportunity) but I sometimes jump into managing position.
And of course I watch news related to currency pair traded. In case of really high impact event I pause trading.

Performance of strategies is getting weaker last month (see the chart). I will keep the system as it is but I’ll choose probably slightly different version (indicator thresholds and position management).

Enjoy! Any feedback/improvements/recommendations appreaciated.

1 Like

Adding EURJPY Short…

Looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!
I am enthusiastic about building my own trading rules too :slight_smile: There is a lot of conditions for each pair, you are playing with indicators on different timeframes with different thresholds. On the other hand it is simple indeed - good old rsi, macd, no complicated graphical patterns. I’ve tried to do some manual back-test only for a few weeks in history and it gives the results.

However I have couple of questions:
Are the thresholds fixed or do you plan to change them? If so keep the thread updated please.

Is the strategy robust? Doesn’t it depend much on some broker specific parameters?

“Entry conditions” are defined individually for long and short. Is it intented?

How long do you plan to stay with the system/What’s your long-term strategy? I have doubt about SELL EURJPY

I update them. Market changes so it’s important to adapt. Based on performance I decide to replace strategy with similar one (different thresholds, removed/added conditions or position management) usualy after 1-4 months. It really depends on how well strategy performs.

The results I’ve posted are for fxopen. But results for fxcm or alpari seem very similar. I would say the differences are small.

Got your point. Yes, it is intended. Currently I don’t have any strategy trading both sides with the same logic reverted in trading plan. Actually I don’t believe in forcibly treating market as something symmetric when it comes to short-term strategies. Sometimes I choose to trade only one direction per currency pair in period of months and then change strategy.

As I’ve mentioned in previous post I do plan some changes for long-term. I’ll keep thread updated.

Hello, updating thread…
I did some changes in my trading plan. I integrated CCI and changed EURJPY strategy to F1E-69-05

• EURAUD to S2W-72-03
  • added AUDUSD - S2W-31-49 (based on MACD, OsMA, RSI)
    All strategies with descriptions are to see at normanslab.com - find it by id

Hi Peter

Wow… looks like you have put a ton of time and effort into this system.

I wish I had some kind of advice that could be of benefit to you, but the way you broke your strategy down is beyond anything Im capable of.

Instead, I wish you success and alot of pips. Please keep us posted on your results.

Sharing results for last 90 days…

AUDUSD strategy #S2W-31-49 (see may previous post) has been active recently and made profit but there was long period without any trade.

I continued with trading long on EURJPY with strategy N4-93-23
and added USDCHF DX-52-97, both on ATR, MACD, RSI, OsMA.

Overall results with 1lot per trade:

Hello,
I recently updated my trading plan. Sharing results for strategies from last post…

Changes to trading plan on 1/20:
EURJPY strategy removed as I started to get many consecutive losses. You can see in the chart.
S2W-43-73 AUDUSD long added
MH-87-61 AUDNZD short added

I will not probably continue in this thread. The trading plan has changed completely during year.
Anyway, trading long on EURJPY via strategy http://www.normanslab.com/Pages/Sys/tsview?id=N4-93-23 gave me great results for last year but I stopped following it. Hopefully I will find soon a stategy like that.