News Indicator
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: News Indicator

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default News Indicator

    Hi, this is my first post on BP and i'm not sure if i posting this question in the right place but i wanted to know if anyone had an idea where i could find the indicator that displays upcoming news events on the mt4 charts? i had it a few weeks ago and for one reason or another it's gone now and i can't find it anywhere. thanks for the help and good trading to all.

  2. #2
    Sweet Pip's Avatar
    Sweet Pip is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,191
    Hi,
    Here's one I use from ForexFactory.com...

    http://www.forexfactory.com/attachme...9&d=1191488864

    Success is getting what you want...Happiness is wanting what you get!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4
    thank you sweet pip.

  4. #4
    tjeralee is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pip View Post
    Hi,
    Here's one I use from ForexFactory.com...

    http://www.forexfactory.com/attachme...9&d=1191488864

    Hello SWEET PIP, I just wanna ask you if you used to trade taking into account the news indicators, I am new and I want to know what is the way to combine this king of indicators with the technical analysis, I really donít know how this news indicators can affect the market and how can be interpreted, so if you know about it or you have useful info Ill be very thankful.

  5. #5
    Sweet Pip's Avatar
    Sweet Pip is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by tjeralee View Post
    Hello SWEET PIP, I just wanna ask you if you used to trade taking into account the news indicators, I am new and I want to know what is the way to combine this king of indicators with the technical analysis, I really donít know how this news indicators can affect the market and how can be interpreted, so if you know about it or you have useful info Ill be very thankful.
    Hi,
    Basically I just use it to check for when news comes out to avoid trading to close before it's release. Saves me from having to remember to check any website calendars before placing a trade. I don't really pay attention to what the news is, because I'll follow the reaction after it's released.

    Success is getting what you want...Happiness is wanting what you get!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4
    sweet pip...for one reason or another the indicator doesn't seem to work. i do the same as all my other indicators and when i restart and add it to my chart nothing happens. i am looking for the one that displays in the upper left how much time until the next news event and how long since the last one. is ffcal the same indicator? thanks again.

  7. #7
    Sweet Pip's Avatar
    Sweet Pip is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by palmtree73 View Post
    sweet pip...for one reason or another the indicator doesn't seem to work. i do the same as all my other indicators and when i restart and add it to my chart nothing happens. i am looking for the one that displays in the upper left how much time until the next news event and how long since the last one. is ffcal the same indicator? thanks again.
    Try going into the parameters and making sure the "allow dll" is check marked...that's usually the problem. Otherwise it does as you say, and you can move it to 1 of 3 corners to keep it out of the way.

    Success is getting what you want...Happiness is wanting what you get!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4
    thanks so much sweet pip. that was the issue.

  9. #9
    tjeralee is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default Thks..But

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pip View Post
    Hi,
    Basically I just use it to check for when news comes out to avoid trading to close before it's release. Saves me from having to remember to check any website calendars before placing a trade. I don't really pay attention to what the news is, because I'll follow the reaction after it's released.

    Sweet Pip, thanks for your help, it really makes sense for me now, that is a good strategy to follow the reaction after it released. Anyway, do you know any good calendar to check; although you donít use it frequently do you have a favorite one?, I just wanna tryÖ

  10. #10
    Sweet Pip's Avatar
    Sweet Pip is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by tjeralee View Post
    Sweet Pip, thanks for your help, it really makes sense for me now, that is a good strategy to follow the reaction after it released. Anyway, do you know any good calendar to check; although you donít use it frequently do you have a favorite one?, I just wanna tryÖ
    Hi,
    The one that this indicator uses is from forexfactory, but babypips has one too under "tools", ...they're all about the same.

    Success is getting what you want...Happiness is wanting what you get!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Forum Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
"Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it."
Publilius Syrus