What sites do you use for fundamental analysis?

Check out our recently added Analyst Arena, it covers A LOT of fundamentals.

http://www.babypips.com/forums/analyst-arena/

I’ve been reading it and it is superb :slight_smile:

hello,
anybody know how to read cot and dollars index charts? what the chart information will be told us?
thanks!

Yeah, it’s great;)

I use newslerfx.

For fundamentals, you can use http://www.fxstreet.com, Bloomberg.com, http://www.finotec.com

I am new to the board. I enjoy babypips and fxstreet for forex. Also, use my broker (forex.com) as a source for fundamental analysis. I wish everyone the best of luck in forex.

Supposedly felix from forexbastards.com is going to implement an economic calendar to his website. In fact, I think that would make a nice addition to the babypips site :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I would NOT use the blogs on this site…
For example:

And look where the AUD/JPY has gone since that “idea!” That was not sound FA; I laughed when I read it, and I’m just a novice. I used this example because the AUD/JPY is all I’m trading right now. When I googled AUD/JPY looking for some in-depth fundamental analysis that is how I found that blog, quickly discounted it and went on to find better FA. One I use is DailyFX. They have good articles, calenders and tables summarizing key fundamental information needed when trading.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this site. I am a proud alum from the School of Pipsology and recommend it to others who might want to try FX. However, I have done my graduate work outside of this site.

Find a few good daily FA sources that fit your liking (there are some good recommendations in this thread for sources outside this site) and learn the key fundamentals of each economy you are trading and how those fundamentals correlate to the pair you are trading. Again using the AUD/JPY as an example, I have learned that it’s not just gold and oil that drive this pair but clearly other important factors too - there are sound long and short correlating fundamentals with this pair. Here is an example of what I found for the AUD/JPY:

Publications from Ume� University: 1047 - A comparison of the prediction performances by the linear models and the ARIMA model

Did I understand all that crap about regressors, etc? Heck no!! (kudos to you smart guys that understand that stuff) But, I gleaned some valuable info about the the Royal Boomer and the Yen that has helped me greatly in successfully trading this pair. I’m a big TA guy; I love TA - it fascinates me. However, a good dose of FA with your TA will make you a more disciplined trader which was something I sorely lacked before [I]I[/I] got serious about trading, and it will allow you to be more confident with your TA too.

Well, that’s my 2 pips worth anyhow.

Try This : Fundamental Analysis of the Financial Markets - Traders Log
Hope it helps

Then dont follow the blogs on here instead use the tools tab. This tells you the news events that are coming up along with what the expected release should be. From there do you own analysis and go from there.

Bloomberg, Reuters, Wallstreet Journal, Market Watch, BBC and so on.

I’ve actually found Reuters regular web site to be surprisingly good. The key is not to rely on the headlines the post but to run searches. They have a lot of market-moving headlines that they just don’t post on the main page, but are available via a search.

I definitely use

1. Resource number one, this is always.
  2. forex blog here also I read only about major factors
  3. Forex Market news for daily and weekly analysis.
    and
  4. Forex Factory for some news and economic calendar

Has anyone checked out NetDania.com Their netstation offers all kinds of charts and streaming news, I have their app and it
sends me important updates. I’m sure its not the most “real time” source out there, but for the price, (free) I think its worth it.

Baby Pips What more do you need ?

Well fundamental analisys is no subjective as technical, it is a very abstract and ambiguous thing, it is not li ema crosses when you have to wait for a signal. With fundamental you have a whole new world, you can do news trading or use the calendar data as a whole or just using GDP as indicator, who knows. You also have stock exchange activity, natural disasters, politicals, usw (etcetera in german). NOT AN EASY THING TO DO.

forexpros.com seems quite useful.

fundamental analysis is really compulsory. traders make analysis and make trading. it play core role for the trading. because treading is done on the base of the analysis. it give the market situation to make investment. fbs, uwcx and octa give such analysis for the traders.

Baby pips, Bloomberg radio( on phone) and daily fx. Daily fx has live question and answers while live trading the big events on the economic Callander. I find all extremely helpful :slight_smile: