Why is gold so high? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why is gold so high?

  1. #11
    Mr Gone's Avatar
    Mr Gone is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz - Bolivia
    Posts
    1,906
    Gold only use is for corrotion prevention, it has no industrial use. Silver by the other hand has a lot of usage, includin gun powder manufacturing. If aluminum and iron where securities i would make money of it. Iron is almost low cost, when it rallies it stays there for a while and then it plummets. Aluminum is the most common metal on earth but ironicaly is the most expensive to produce, it is cheaper to recycle it but the already produced aluminium is very expensive. Copper, i think is the true security as long electricity is still in fashion, because is the best electricity conductor and is not an easy element to harvest. Titanium i think it has a potencial because it is cheapper than aluminium and more resistant. Finally magnesium, it can be used for fireworks, cars and now laptops, why? because it dispates heat better than steel and aluminium. So if you are going to trade with metals this is the information you need to handle.

    Regards.

  2. #12
    Buckscoder's Avatar
    Buckscoder is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Gold is not high, nor is it low. 1 ounce is exactly one ounce since a couple of million years ago, when such ponzi tricks like the buck was not even thought of in the mind of non existing human beings.

  3. #13
    Mr Gone's Avatar
    Mr Gone is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz - Bolivia
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckscoder View Post
    Gold is not high, nor is it low. 1 ounce is exactly one ounce since a couple of million years ago, when such ponzi tricks like the buck was not even thought of in the mind of non existing human beings.
    I messure the value of money in what i can get for it. So if gold ounce costs x amount of money and with that money i can get a lot of stuff, then i can say gold is expensive.

    Regards.

  4. #14
    Buckscoder's Avatar
    Buckscoder is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
    I messure the value of money in what i can get for it. So if gold ounce costs x amount of money and with that money i can get a lot of stuff, then i can say gold is expensive.

    Regards.
    You can do what you like, but that doesn't change the facts. If you look at a broader collection of real assets it's not only gold is noted higher in terms of debt value. In fact inflation devalues your debt paper, which is not really money anyways. That gives most the illusion things get more expensive, but the things are the same as before. If you have an ounce of gold, a barrel of wti or a ton of copper. If all the sheeples around would think through all of it they would get aware that the governements were in their pockets long before they spend what's left.
    Last edited by Buckscoder; 12-29-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling errors

  5. #15
    bobmaninc is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL USA
    Posts
    2,997
    I think I invest in gold because of something my wife noticed a long time ago. I am simply attracted to shiny objects. So therefore I cant help myself.
    If you do not help us noobs we will grow.

  6. #16
    ysg
    ysg is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gone

    I messure the value of money in what i can get for it. So if gold ounce costs x amount of money and with that money i can get a lot of stuff, then i can say gold is expensive.

    Regards.
    That is a good way of lookimg at it.

  7. #17
    bobmaninc is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL USA
    Posts
    2,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
    Gold only use is for corrotion prevention, it has no industrial use. .

    Regards.
    By the way you are wrong here. Gold is a better conductor of electricity and less corrosive than copper. But copper is less expensive. It also has great sealing capabilities due to it point of melting temp is so low and is used to make gaskets on jet engines. Just thought I would throw that out there not that it makes a difference.
    If you do not help us noobs we will grow.

  8. #18
    Buckscoder's Avatar
    Buckscoder is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Hmm, maybe time to buy again, reading all of this?

    The "best" argument is always this: "You can't eat gold and it has no use." Lol! Nobody asks if you can eat stocks or paper with funny printed numbers on it, but if it comes to pm's people suddenly become hungry.

  9. #19
    bobmaninc is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL USA
    Posts
    2,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckscoder View Post
    Hmm, maybe time to buy again, reading all of this?

    The "best" argument is always this: "You can't eat gold and it has no use." Lol! Nobody asks if you can eat stocks or paper with funny printed numbers on it, but if it comes to pm's people suddenly become hungry.
    Sure you can eat paper with funny numbers on it. Just ask my 3 yr old he eats paper all the time. Sometimes I wander about the long term affects. But he seems content with it sooooo.
    If you do not help us noobs we will grow.

  10. #20
    Buckscoder's Avatar
    Buckscoder is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmaninc View Post
    Sure you can eat paper with funny numbers on it. Just ask my 3 yr old he eats paper all the time. Sometimes I wander about the long term affects. But he seems content with it sooooo.
    Lol. So you give him all your bucks for lunch? But then you can even eat gold. Sometimes it's the color on top of a cake or you can also drink it.

    Goldwasser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum Sponsors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 07:45 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 07:00 PM
  3. Why Did EUR/JPY Hit a Record High?
    By DailyFx in forum The Analyst Arena
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
  4. Euro: 3 Reasons Why a New High Will be Difficult
    By DailyFx in forum The Analyst Arena
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 05:40 PM
  5. Why is high margin considered bad?
    By willsucceed in forum Newbie Island
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
"Happiness is a state of mind."
Origin Unknown