Why is gold so high?

I think I invest in gold because of something my wife noticed a long time ago. I am simply attracted to shiny objects. So therefore I cant help myself.

That is a good way of lookimg at it.

By the way you are wrong here. Gold is a better conductor of electricity and less corrosive than copper. But copper is less expensive. It also has great sealing capabilities due to it point of melting temp is so low and is used to make gaskets on jet engines. Just thought I would throw that out there not that it makes a difference.

Hmm, maybe time to buy again, reading all of this?

The “best” argument is always this: “You can’t eat gold and it has no use.” Lol! Nobody asks if you can eat stocks or paper with funny printed numbers on it, but if it comes to pm’s people suddenly become hungry. :smiley:

Sure you can eat paper with funny numbers on it. Just ask my 3 yr old he eats paper all the time. Sometimes I wander about the long term affects. But he seems content with it sooooo.

Lol. So you give him all your bucks for lunch? But then you can even eat gold. Sometimes it’s the color on top of a cake or you can also drink it. :wink:

Goldwasser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vodka one of my favs. Now if thats not a reason to buy gold I dont know what is.

Jet engines i will not argue but copper is the best electricity conductor, and you are werong with that one, copper has the smallest resistivity factor of conductive metals, i am an electric engineer, however copper is not used on power lines because is expensive and corrodes easily, instead aluminium is used because is light and has a better corrotion resistivity, also steel is used in power lines, the resistivity of aluminium and steel is much higher that copper and that is compensated with ticker wires but too thick wires is expensive too, solution: high voltage lines. I detured the subject again. Here is another investing tip, everything related to electricity, no electricity, no modern life.

Regards.

hmmm you might be right there then. I know gold does have a high conductive factor in it. I guess its the corrosive factor as to why they use it on certain electrical connections. I am no engineer so I have been schooled here. Also did not know power lines are aluminum (for the most part) but it does make sense now I think about it. And your are also correct everything involves electricity in some way shape or form. So investing tip we are going to need more power lines buy aluminum. and since I already have gold investments drink up lol.

Maybe you wanna invest on electric distribution sector, companies like ABB, Copper, Schneider, Siemens, Moeller, just avoid Survalent. In case you are interested on a company or branch that manufactures transformers you should keep an eye on copper, crude and steel, copper is for the inside coils, the refrigerant is exctract from crude and the magnetic core is made of steel, if you follow the company and they are starting to manufacture a big stock and the materials are plumeting you can buy stocks and have a profit. But if materials are ralling you can short the company. Too Bad my NYSE was closed, they don´t allow clients from certain countries.

Regards.

This thread is a coincidence for me. I started out researching inflation hedges when I stumbled upon FOREX. I think gold is a fantastic hedge against inflation but you have to buy it before everyone is scared about inflation. Now I think it is overbought, in a bubble, too late. The steady-as-you-go-slowly-every-year buyers of gold have done pretty well. (I wasn’t one of those.)

Many analysts see gold at 2000 bucks by the end of the year … so there might be some serious money to be made there still.

O.

Gold will continue to go higher whilst the world’s major fiat currencies continue to print money faster than it is extracted from the ground.

Yeah, so true. Besides, gold will go down as the US economy comes back.

I bought gold for $259/oz and it took years to reach $400.

Gold traders have it so good right now with all of these major swings!

The guys who are holding physical gold are missing out on the real moves.

The guys holding real gold will be laughing all the way to the bank when the faecal material really hits the air displacement device.

With there being about 100 times as many gold futures on the market as physical gold, the price of real gold and futures contracts will diverge, with the physical holders in the box seat. This is presuming they are smart enough to have it in a place they can actually control the location of it, MF Financial spring to mind?

It’s so high because every central bank in the world is printing money like it’s going out of style. A lot of people are concerned about a meltdown in Europe destroying the Euro.

You can look at it through the economy meltdown lens, but the fact is that gold has always been in demand and will continue to skyrocket as our supplies get depleted. FYI, silver stocks are already depleted and gold is not that far behind. So yes, investing in gold is a good call, the catch - you gotta wait for a decade before you can make some serious profits with it.

As pointed out above, the value of Gold, like everything else, is relative to what value you peg to it. And yes, given current demand [both retail and otherwise], this value is going to shoot up since there’s no realistic way for demand to outstrip supply.
Or we can sit around and pray for the heavens to open up and rain gold…lol

Just answering the “title”

GOLD is not expensive - it is paper money that is cheap.

GOLD has been money since the human being exchanged first good or service.
The “money” we know is a paper, initially created as a receipt of the GOLD deposit in the bank.

As the basic economics suggests, whatever costs nothing to produce - it is worth nothing.
It applies to everything; education,health care, money etc.

It costs NOTHING to produce paper money - thats why fiat currencies lose value systematically since the 1912.

GOLD is not expensive - it is a paper money that is losing value.
You need more papers to buy an unce of gold.

It is only a begining of this bull market and gradually people will be back to where they started.
Sound money with value!

I would suggest an excellent read

“Theory of money and credit” - Ludvik Von Mises.

Best Regards

Steve Brown
gainforexsignal