How will Crimea affect EURUSD?

As the title suggests, any idea? It is just decided that the referendum will not be recognized and Russia is unlikely to give up…

Yep, geo politics play a role in the markets, the risk on/off scenario.

I have found that often the market will take a pragmatic view, that things will get done, that all will be well - unless a major change in circumstance happens.

Crimea can affect fibre if there is a huge shift in risk perception, the reality at this stage is that the market believes that the politicians will eventually resolve this crisis.

I sincerely hope and pray that the market is correct.

Haha I sincerely hope and pray the market is correct. That has got to be my favorite part! lol. I am assuming you are long EU at the moment? Anyhow, today I expect EU to short (don’t take my word for it though, after all we both have a 50% chance at being right), however… Mid to Long term I expect the EU to rise. Remember all the Greece crap?

Ah, indeed I remember it well, we here in Ireland went through similar and are now thankfully out the other side, Buíochas le Dia for that.

I am flat, always flat at weekends, seldom trade Mondays, lots of posturing coming up tomorrow, Kerry got diverted to Paris to meet with Lavrov, (I’m suspicious of Russian intent), then into the mix we have Yellen and Carney doing a little talking.

Is it any wonder that sometimes we look to the market for numbers?

[QUOTE=“peterma;616549”] Is it any wonder that sometimes we look to the market for numbers?[/QUOTE]

Little confused by that statement, maybe reword it? Ireland is beautiful. Was there last year xD. Iceland though… Now that’s a beauty. Switzerland, that’s the next place I have to visit!