Blue Point Trading - Apocalypse coming to the earth or the markets in 2014?

Apocalypse coming to the earth or the markets in 2014? After this week’s massacre in the markets, where we saw the SP500 lose nearly 100 points, like many, I am left wondering, is the down turn just the beginning of a market apocalypse? It’s funny how during these negative times, weird stories come out of the woodwork. One of these weirds stories this past weekend, is the coming of blood red moon eclipses, as mentioned in Biblical prophecy. Huh?

In Revelation 6:12-14 it says, “and lo there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.” Well yes there have been quite a few earthquakes recently – click here for a cool realtime view. Wow, I did not realize there are so many. The sun becoming like sackcloth – can we think of China? Click here for a jar of good French mountain air forsale in Beijing, for about $800. But a blood red moon? The moon takes on this color during the eclipse as it passes through the Earth’s shadow, which is the color of a desert sunset.

Within a year and a half, North America will be able to see blood moon eclipses a total of four times. Before the dawn of the 20th century, there was a 300-year period when there were none – so this a rare event. In 2014 – 2015 a rare sequence of red blood moon lunar eclipses will occur on the Jewish Holidays of Passover and the Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles). Two solar eclipses will also occur in 2015 on the Jewish New Years for Kings and the Feast of Trumpets Holidays. Hmmm … it seems blood red moon eclipses are very Biblical.

In Revelation 13:16 – 13:18 we see, “rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the mark of the beast…” Now this sounds a little intimidating, but we already have seen this develop, it’s called the NSA. And the King of the North mentioned in the prophetic book of Daniel 11:6 – well this is speaking of Putin and the Ukraine issue, that will usher in a new world war. Ok, now that I have scared you about the end of the world, what about the markets?

For a market Apocalypse we need to turn to our resident pessimistic market prophet, Marc Faber of the Gloom, Doom and Boom Report. In a recent CNBC interview (click here), he says a 30 percent crash is coming in the next 12 months. Marc Faber says the stock market is setting up for a decline more painful than the sudden crash of 1987. Yippes !!!

So is the Apocalypse coming for the world or the markets in the next 12 months? Well, for the world, no one can say for sure, but being a betting person, my take is, the sun will come up in the morning each of the days in the next 12 months, so just stay calm. For the markets, our central banks most likely will come in to be our saviours, at least in the short term. My take is that we are going to bounce off a bottom channel hit on the day chart at the 1800 mark of the SP500, and after some weeks of grinding, maybe even break to new highs. A crash may come some day, but for now, don’t be panicking in the markets.

Blue Point Trading, William Thompson