Blue Point Trading - Bloomberg, already in heaven?

Bloomberg, already in heaven? Here we go again, another rich guy telling us how he is practically god. Remember the last one that did this, Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs, doing for us “god’s work?”

Michael Bloomberg detailed his plans in an interview with the New York Times in which he discussed his crusades against guns, smoking, and large coke drinks, that will serve him well in the afterlife. Bloomberg is prepared to spend $50 million of his $32 billion (or 0.15% of his wealth – maybe less if it’s tax deductible) this year, in his gun control push. Perhaps he wants to defang the public of guns, so they won’t come after him with a lynching.

Bloomberg said, “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

The disgusting hubris of these people is really incredible. Not to get religious on you, but it was Bloomberg that brought up religion and wants into heaven. I remind Mr. Bloomberg:

[ul]
[li]Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace you are saved through faith, and not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.”
[/li][li]Matthew 19:24, “I’ll say it again, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”
[/li][/ul]
Mr. Bloomberg says that he as earned his place in heaven – it’s not even close. Hmmm … not so fast. The Old Testament Law commanded the tithe of 10% of your earnings (Leviticus 27, Numbers 18, Deuteronomy 12, 14 and 26). If you look carefully, it also requires an additional 10% of the 3rd and 6th years of a 7 year cycle, to go toward the poor – an additional 2.6% per year. Then of course if you are wealthier, there is an offering on top, say another 10%, totaling 22.6% per annum. This 0.15% he is offering is a joke right?

Now this is to be paid through out your life, not just paid upon death (this is a Bill Gates and Warren Buffett trick). There are no off-shore tithe havens in heaven. So we then have to calculate ongoing interest and late payment fees. Oh deary me, Mr. Bloomberg, it appears that your god account is in the negative. Perhaps a tax payer bailout is nigh?

Mr. Bloomberg if you really want to impress people of your god like qualities, here is what you need to do. Matthew 19:21, it says “If you want to be perfect, go and sell ALL your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. But when the man heard this, he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.”

In Malachi 3:8 it says, “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, How have we robbed you? In your tithes and offerings.” So no Mr. Bloomberg, you will have that interview with your maker and no you will not get that free pass. Beware of the angel with their hand on the crank, that opens the trap door of heaven and you go down. Yippes it’s really hot down there !!! Now can we drop all the religious talk and get back to trading?

Blue Point Trading, William Thompson