Gbp/usd

Will this pair come down below 1.8 this week, if not today? Bad news from GBP and expected good news from the US today and from now on - not my view, this is what the experts are saying. So what say you?

Manufacturing out on Tue, more news on Wed.

Here is the latest report from the manufacturing industry org and their own survey:

http://www.eef.org.uk/blog/file.axd?file=2014%2F6%2FJune.pdf

Looks like it’s in a downtrend. Any other catalysts that could spark a stronger move down?

The biggie is the employment numbers today - not so sure about those being negative, cable was dragged down by Fibre on Tue, so IF the numbers are positive then the cable reaction should show the hands of any buyers.

6742 is key - might be worth a buy with a tight stop below Asian low.

Hmm… so the target was 6800, Asian low at 6735 was never threatened.

Thanks Pizza for that one.

Have chosen this thread at random, but there are others over this past few months calling a top on GBP.

Back as far as Feb there have been calls for the top on GBP, indeed even further.

Now it’s all happening again, and yet again I cannot see the reasoning. I can understand the Kiwi, but just cannot see the wisdom with GBP.

Not saying I haven’t shorted cable lately, but my outlook on Gbp remains unchanged.

From the IMF in Jan 2014:

BBC News - IMF raises UK economic growth forecast

And from yesterday, note the similarity (aside from a certain George Osborne) :slight_smile:

IMF forecasts UK to be fastest-growing advanced economy in 2014 - FT.com