Which calendar events move currency pairs the most?

Does anyone know of a list of calendar events that are statistically known to move currency pairs?
You know, perhaps something like a list of the events, with the immediate volatility it has historically made…?
Like for these for EURUSD?

Unemployment Claims
Non-Farm Employment Change
Unemployment Rate
Trade Balance
Core Retail Sales m/m
Retail Sales m/m
Unemployment Claims
Existing Home Sales
New Home Sales
Unemployment Claims
(Like in the ForexFactory calendar)

I’ve had a look with google, but I think I’m not phrasing the question properly…

Anyone have any ideas…?

Which News Releases Should I Trade For Forex?

GREXIT will be moving the market in the not-so-distant future :smiley:

Don’t count on it being on the Economic Calender though, haha

Hi Panzer,

Aha - we are told that Grexit is old news, seems we should worry about Brexit ( Britain leaving the EU)

I’ll make three of those ‘predictions’ that the supposed learned guys say you should never do - the politicians will find a middle ground (fudge) on Greece and the UK PM will advise a ‘Yes’ in the referendum.

(Yes is a positive statement and I’ll also predict that the referendum will be worded so that Yes will mean to stay in)

It’ll never happen.

hahahaha :slight_smile:

Oooook, back on topic:
Yes the link to “Which News Releases Should I Trade?” is a good start.
The link above shows a graph which shows “volatility”, but in how much time?
NFP is 140 pips, but how quickly? 140pip move in 1minute? 10minutes? 1hour?

[B][U]Does anyone know the reference sources for this chart…? Without references, well it could just be made up.[/U][/B]

Does anyone else know any better lists?

Thanks everyone :smiley:

one of the more accurate weather prediction systems is simply to say that the weather tomorrow will be the same as the weather today. (particularly if you don’t have a super computer and a meterological department).

so with forex, if you want answer to your question about how quickly, look at the previous months news release of the same type. then look at the one before that… is there much difference?

you could also try search google for maxey economic report v 0.4 … (it is a bit dated now but might give you some ideas).

what you will most likely not see on any chart is how big the gap in price in the spike was, (or what the spread was), you will need access to tick charts to see the gaps for yourself. imho, this is what will make or break your news trading.

all best, keep us posted.

ps. i think brexit could be a close call, the scotland referendum was nearly 50 50. (scexit? lol)