The US economy

Hello fellowtraders,

I would like to ignite a discussion about US economy. We have a lot of people-officials insisting that the US economy is doing quite well. I would like to believe that but if I consider factors which are not included in Economic Calendar reports, and especially possibilities of disastrous surprises from economical or natural perspective, I need to consider the opposite too. And then we have a lot of historical facts showing that government officials are likely to lie to people to prevent panic.

So I want to discuss a possible catastrophic scenario for US economy. We have Brexit headlines these days and I think that this could be a possible trigger to uncover some hidden facts behind the global economy in which central bankers press people to spend their money reserves on things they do not need really as soon as possible and pushing them to borrow more money making them vulnerable to any major coming crisis.

I was quite bullish with USD last year but now I adjusting my bias to at least neutral. I know there are people who would say everything is OK until it would be not possible to hide anymore that everything got wrong. So I would like to ask you, what do you think about possibility of US economy meltdown? What could it mean to global economy, what can it cause with USD?

I decided to trade strictly technically now because of too much uncertainty in the air for now. I would like to have better enviroment but things happen and we can see everything accelerating quite fast in the coming months.

From the technical point of view, the U.S dollar had an aggressive roller coaster during the last couple of weeks after the U.S. elections on Wednesday 9th and recorded a fresh six-month high. The technical structure remains bullish as the 50-SMA had a bullish crossover with the 200-SMA on the weekly chart. An alternative scenario is a correction of the last big move to the downside if there is a penetration of the 110.00 psychological support level.