How US Crude oil inventories effect USD/CAD?

I had noticed that this week the report for US Crude Oil Inventories rise 1.7M against -2.1M expectation, the USD/CAD drop all the way down from 1.3153 to 1.30838. May I know what is the mechanism which drive the CAD currency rally? I know that Canada is one of the top oil producer but how it was related to the number of invetories of the crude oil?

madness and absolutely no connection to real economies. like all currencies actions perhaps?

it makes absolutely no sense to try to connect fundamentals with currencies. every explanation of each action is just as good as the other.

heres a complicated one: the oil price going down and pushing the worth of canadian oil producers down. investors in new york see a opportunity to buy high value companies for a bargain and started investing in canadian oil producing companies in the hope of gains till the end of the year or 2017 so in order to invest they needed to buy CAD.

heres one that fits just aswell: soneone threw a stone into the michigan lake and 20 forex traders interpreted its time to cross it towards canada. 200 others saw what the 20 were doing and followed it. 2000 others saw what the 200 were doing abd copied their example. 20000 saw what 2000 others were doing and jumped on the train.

Hahah +1 ( it requires 10 characters minimum, I thought of adding more haha but I filled with explanation)