Question about Economic Calendars and trading news

I’m fairly new to trading and finding Fundamental trading effective for me using an economic calendar. One question I have though is when trading CPI (YoY and MoM) on the calendar the YoY shows that it has more of an impact on the market while MoM has a little less impact… What my question is how would I go about trading the CPI if maybe the YoY or MoM show a positive result and the other shows a negative result… How would I go about trading this? Do I trade the YoY still as it has more of an impact on the market? ?

Thanks!

Hello Goingbroke,
My suggestion is not to trade during significant events as the volatility and the spread may be enough to lose your trades if you are not cautious.

CPI indicates some general developments in the economy which can not manifest in one two months but rather in 1 or 2 years. Its clear that if inflation rose comparing to the same period in last YEAR it provides more clues for market members about strengths (or weaknesses) and thus more helpful to make trading decision (impact what you see on the trading prices).

Hope its clear.
B