The EU Meltdown

The EU Meltdown - The SovereignInvestor.com

"Ultimately, what we’re seeing is the disintegration of the European Union happening in real time.

"The media don’t see it that way, nor do politicians (at least not outwardly). They talk about the legal and constitutional processes and procedures necessary for Brexit or Italeave or Frexit or Netherexit — or any other exit — to succeed in pulling a country out of the European Union. They confidently point to that as though the security of processes and procedures actually matters to anyone other than politicians and bureaucrats. It’s laughable, at best.

“Deaf, dumb and blind — and dangerously out of touch — at worst.”

Thanks, Clint.

I must say, the European media that I regularly see really [I][U]do[/U][/I] still seem to have their heads in the sand about what’s going on.

It’s all happening slowly, but certainly in real time.

Not just Brexit and the Italian referendum, but there are issues brewing up in several other EU countries, a few elections coming up, a huge immigration crisis, increasing polls showing popular resentment at and contempt for “the EU machine”, and so on.

If it survives at all, it’s clearly going to be in a [I]very[/I] different form from the current arrangements.

Honestly I am not hearing very good news for the European Union for a quite some time now. I think that people do not believe in it anymore or it failed to meet the expectations, I am not sure. But it’s definitely not going in a good direction although the media continues to persuade the world otherwise. I think it might go down soon and we should be prepared.