Any chance of Trading Station compatibility with MyFXBook?

Currently the excellent trade journal site myfxbook works with FXCM, but only via the MT4 platform. Is there any chance of working with these developers so that FXCM’s Trading Station (with Marketscope) platform can be made compatible? This is hands down my favorite trading platform.

Some of us do not prefer MT4 - and FXCM Micro accounts are unable to trade via MT4, regardless.

John (Merchantprince)

[I]“Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it.”[/I]

Hi John!

Thanks for the post.

I see what you mean. It looks as though the site is almost exclusively compatible with the MT4 platform. With these types of sites the developer will use the brokers API and create their program or service, in this case the myfxbook.com journal application. Along the same lines as other sites such as currensee.com, mt4stats.com, and fxvroom.com.

I sent a message to MyFXbook.com a couple of minutes ago letting them know how to get access to our API if they would like to make the journal tool compatible with the FX Trading Station II accounts, and offering assistance where I can help. I do some outreach to general forex sites, so I will see what we can do.

We have all of our API information available for free access, but it really depends on whether myfxbook takes the api and uses it to create the compatability with their setup.

-Jason

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the proactive steps on your part to see this functionality perhaps become available in the near future. It is greatly appreciated!

Sure thing. To let you know the latest, I heard back from MyFXBook (very fast response!) about what specifically they need. I’m going to be discussing this with our team to see if we’ve got what they need. I’m also very uncertain about what sort of time frame this whole process will take, but I will let you know if/when progress is made.

-Jason

Hi

you can use FXSTAT if you want to analyze your FXCM statement.

interesting stuff!

I couldn’t get that FXSTAT service to recognize my TS II reports no matter how closely I followed the documentation.

In any case, thought I’d update that I recently replied to a blog post for MyFXbook, asking about any word for compatibility with TS. Here’s my comment:

is there any timetable to add functionality for Trading Station II/Marketscope? Jason Rodgers over on the BP forums mentioned being in contact with you guys to provide whatever you need to make it so; I hope we’ll get some word soon.
and their reply:

That is correct.
Currently there is no timetable, since they need to create a customized solution for us and we don’t know how long will it take. However, once it will be ready on their side, it’s a matter of couple of weeks before we can fully support the new platform(s).

I was able to get it working with my demo. Some bugs in the calculations but an interesting setup nonetheless.

And regarding MyFXbook, their comment about needing a customized solution is correct. Still checking on my side to see what we can do to get around this… Looks like FXStat has come up with a workaround by analyzing the combined account statement; however, you lose real time updating aspect of it.

-Jason

Jason, any word on the progress of MyFXbook compatibility with Trading Station?

Not really. The problem lies in that the API that could be used to connect your trading report to MyFXBook would give MyFXBook access to your live account to trade rather than being read only information.

Hey Merchantprince,

In case you’re not aware, there has been some progress with this. MyFXBook is beta testing a publisher for FXCM accounts. Here’s their blog post with details:

Contest Starts Today!

-Jason

I did see that entry and am indeed excited for the new changes.

Now the only problem is that, like many micro account holders, I can’t trade until I add a great deal more account balance to cover these insane new margin requirements.

But I am looking forward to the new myfxbook features.

Hi,

I just tried connecting myfxbook to my trading station 2 account but keep getting “FXCM incorrect username and password” on the FX publisher software - were you able to get it working? Do you know what is wrong?

Sean.

Hi Sean,

I just tested Myfxbook’s Trading Station Publisher with my demo and it worked fine. The error message you got means you entered your FXCM login details incorrectly.

Jason