FXCM Announcements

Daylight Savings Time in Australia ends on Sunday, April 6th which means new trading hours for AUS200. Below is a complete list of our CFD trading hours starting next week.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

FXCM now offers offshore trading in the Chinese Yuan (CNH) for our live clients. (demo availability coming soon)

CNH is an offshore version of the Chinese Yuan introduced by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and People’s Bank of China that allows investors outside of mainland China to gain exposure to the currency.

It’s interesting to see how much the USD/CNH pair has moved in just the past 2 months!

The spread is typically between 20 and 25 pips, but you have to divide that by 6.2 to make a fair comparison with major currency pairs. That’s because the value of a pip for USD/CNH is only about 1.6 cents compared to 10 cents for EUR/USD.

That comes out to between 30 and 40 cents in spread cost for a 1k micro lot trade on USD/CNH (the minimum trade size) or $30 to $40 for a 100k standard lot.

Not bad. Wish FXCM would hire me xD

Hi Leg0nd, you can find information about our job openings at the FXCM Career Center.

Will look into it just for fun. Seriously doubt you guys would be interested if I don’t have a degree if some sort. Typical of any kinda firm. Especially not for an analyst.

Below are the holiday trading hours for CFDs in April. All times listed are in GMT.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

Below are the holidays for CFD trading in May.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, opening on Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closing on Fridays at 21:55 GMT. For the holiday schedule for rollover interest (AKA swaps) visit the DailyFX Rollover Calendar.

Bloomberg analysts have written at length over the past few days about possible causes behind the “death of volatility”.

But there’s good news! Low volatility is a blessing in disguise for most forex traders. This Wednesday and Thursday, the analysts at DailyFX are hosting a couple of free webinars to show you how to take advantage of current market conditions.

[B]Low-Volatility Trading: The Two-Hour Trade Week[/B]
[I]Wednesday, 14 May, 2014 10:00 GMT[/I]
In this webinar, Jeremy Wagner and David De Ferranti will show you how to find effective low-volatility strategies and automate your trades for big opportunities on a tight timeline. Register for Free.

[B]Low-Volatility Trading: The Hunt for Breakouts[/B]
[I]Thursday, 15 May, 2014 04:00 GMT[/I]
In this webinar, Jeremy and David combine an effective range-bound strategy, impending global economic news and aggressive trade management to hunt for coming breakouts. Register for Free.

Below are the Memorial Day trading hours for CFDs on Monday, May 26th. All times listed are in GMT.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, opening on Sunday between 21:00 and 21:15 GMT and closing on Friday at 20:55 GMT.

For the holiday schedule for rollover interest (AKA swaps) visit the DailyFX Rollover Calendar.

• While the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) does not list May 26th as a holiday, they tend to close early on US holidays. That means there’s a strong possiblity that AUS200 trading will close early for Memorial Day.

Hi Jason, on the subject of FXCM announcements, the popup news windows on my Trading Station are driving me nuts!! Every time the “don’t show me pop-ups of this type again” is checked but they just keep coming! I’ve had a look through settings as best as I can but I can’t stop the things. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated?

Hi Jimmeh,

I remember hearing of that issue in the past, but it was addressed in a previous update to the platform. You’re the first person I’ve heard mention it in awhile. If you could answer the following questions, it would help me in determining the problem:

[ol]
[li]When was the last time you saw these unwanted news popups?
[/li][li]When did you install Trading Station on your computer?
[/li][li]Are you using a live account or a demo account?
[/li][/ol]

Thanks,
Jason

1 - Today and they happen very regularly.
2 - I think I got this laptop around a year ago so then
3 - It is a live account

I have just checked the version (01.13.092613) and it appears to not be the latest, even though it tells me there are no more updates? Does this mean I have to do a manual uninstall and reinstall of the latest version and if so will my templates etc be lost?

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

Hi Jimmeh,

You’re right. That’s not the latest version of Trading Station. One my computer, I’m running version 01.13.111313.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the platform should not cause you to lose your templates but just to be safe, I would suggest copying the contents of the following folders (if they are not empty) to a different location on your computer before uninstalling Trading Station:

[ol]
[li]C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\Templates
[/li][li]C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\Layouts
[/li][li]C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\Profiles
[/li][li]C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\Snapshots
[/li][/ol]

After backing up this information, you can proceed with your uninstall and reinstall. Please let me know if that resolves your issue with unwanted news popups.

Thanks,
Jason

[B]SUI30 will be closed for trading on Thursday[/B], May 29th in observance of Ascension in Switzerland. Normal hours resume on Friday.

A common frustration for forex traders is that real volume information for currency trades is hard to come by for the market. FXCM now offers a solution! The first real forex volume and transactions indicators are here.

Until now, other forex volume indicators have only shown tick volume, only part of the story with nothing about actual order flow. Now, FXCM’s Real Volume and Transactions Indicators bring a pair of critical indicators to your charts, giving you the complete picture.

In the 5-minute chart above you can see how much volume surged during the ECB announcement on June 5th. I imagine we could see a similar surge in trading for FOMC this week.

The groundbreaking Real Volume/Transactions indicators display real trade volume and number of transactions from FXCM’s clients around the world, giving you the advantage of a deeper look into the market.

The Real Volume Indicator shows the total volume of live trades during a specified period. Total volume is calculated from the sum of individual transactions. For example:

[ul]
[li]Client A buys 10K EUR/USD, sells 10K EUR/USD = 20,000 in volume
[/li][li]Client B buys 10K EUR/USD, buys 20K EUR/USD = 30,000 in volume
[/li][li]Total Real Volume = 50,000
[/li][/ul]
The Transactions Indicator shows the sum of individual tickets executed during a specified period. For example:

[ul]
[li]Client A opens 10K EUR/USD, closes 10K EUR/USD = two transactions
[/li][li]Client B opens 10K EUR/USD, closes 5K EUR/USD, closes 5K EUR/USD = three transactions
[/li][li]Total Transactions: Five
[/li][/ul]
The Real Volume/Transactions indicators work on multiple timeframes: m1, m5, m15, m30, H1, H2, H3, H4, H6, H8, D1, W1 and M1. You can use these indicators with 14 currency pairs: EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, EUR/JPY, AUD/USD, GBP/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/JPY, USD/CHF, EUR/CHF, NZD/USD, EUR/AUD, EUR/GBP and EUR/CAD.

You can now download the beta release of FXCM’s Real Volume and Transactions Indicators at FXCMapps.com

dang thats sweet. I wished fxcm is offered in Singapore.

All times listed are in GMT.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, opening on Sunday between 21:00 and 21:15 GMT and closing on Friday at 20:55 GMT.

For the holiday schedule for rollover interest (AKA swaps) visit the DailyFX Rollover Calendar.

Just a reminder for all CFD traders of our holiday hours on Friday which are detailed in my post above (forex hours remain as normal)

I will be out of the office for the July 4th holiday here in the US and will respond to all posts and private messages after I return on Monday, July 7th. For immediate assistance, please call us toll-free anytime 24 hours a day.

Just a heads up: due to the UK bank holiday on [B]Monday, August 25th trading in UK100 will be closed[/B] that day and resume normal trading the following day. Trading hours for other CFDs and forex remain unchanged.

Does FXCM have plans to offer equities to American clients through their TS platform @ some point in the future?