FXCM Announcements

Hi THZ,

I’m glad to hear you like our new pricing. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the setup of your new account.

Christmas in SEPTEMBER!
I’ve been wanting to get back into scalping, and you just gave me a reason to!

Super excited for this.

Scalping season, you know it…

Best

O yes- been very active EURUSD scalping this week. With the new pricing model, I’ll be looking to seriously take advantage of that.

Coincidently this week I had lots of free time=chart time to scalp too. oooh the euphoric kick is worth more than the money.

Best

An update for all existing FXCM US clients

You should have received an email by now confirming that your account(s) will be upgraded to raw FX spreads* after trading closes this Friday, October 3rd at 5pm New York time. That means you will see this new pricing when the trading desk opens for the new week at 5pm New York time on Sunday, October 5th. Please let me know if you have any questions.

*In some instances, accounts for clients of certain intermediaries are subject to a markup.

How about FXCM UK clients?
My Active Trader spread there is higher than the “ordinary” US spread now… :slight_smile:

Hi Vaneto,

I will post more updates in this thread as I receive details about when this new pricing will become available to our clients in other regions. For now, I would advise you to speak with your Active Trader rep for more details about your account.

You can no longer make accounts at FXCM UK with $50 balance? I know FXCM had accounts with $50 minimum balance but now the minimum balance for standard accounts is $2 000 and no micro accounts.

What happens to the 50 minimum basic accounts made before FXCM decided to make 2 000 minimum balance (they will also become 2000 minimum accounts)?

And another question, those who want to make new accounts will have to mantain 2000 or this is only the minimum initial balance?

Hi Pokkerface,

Just to clarify, the $2000 minimum mentioned on our website is to open a new account, not to maintain an existing one. That means current FXCM clients with a lower account balance will be grandfathered in, so they can continue trading with us and benefit from our [B]new low pricing[/B].

Also, we make no distinction between standard, mini and micro accounts. That’s because all FXCM accounts allows our clients to place micro lot trades (10 cents per pip), mini lot trades ($1 per pip) and standard lot trades ($10 per pip). In fact, you can place even larger trades than that through FXCM as long as your account has enough margin. Our maximum order size is 50 million ($5000 per pip). Still larger positions are possible, if you break them up into blocks of 50 million.

Hello Jason,

I received an e.mail yesterday about the revised, lower FXCM spreads; is this for UK accounts too, after 24th October 2014?

Thank you

Hi PMH,

The email you received was for your non-spread betting account with FXCM UK, which as you mentioned will be upgraded to our new pricing after trading closes on Friday, October 24th. Based on our previous correspondence, I know you also have a spread betting account with us. Spread betting accounts will also benefit from FXCM’s new pricing, and you will be receiving more details on that in the near future.

We’ve received lots of feedback from traders excited to switch over, but the transition is being done region by region 1) to ensure we follow regulatory requirements for due notice to traders which vary by regulator and 2) ensure an orderly transition within our own system so as not to negatively impact our traders.

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will end in Europe on Sunday, October 26th. That means the trading hours for CFDs that follow European market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I’ve highlighted the changes below in yellow.

Note that Daylight Savings Time does not end in the US until Sunday, November 2nd. That means I will post another update next week that will include further changes to the trading hours of CFDs that follow US market times.

Thank you, Jason!!

It’s my pleasure. :50:

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will end in the US on Sunday, November 2nd. That means the trading hours for CFDs that follow US market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I’ve highlighted the changes below in red.

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift this weekend from GMT-4 to GMT-5, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting next week, the trading desk will open at 22:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 22:00 GMT on Friday

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change this weekend from GMT+3 to GMT+2. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+2 this weekend.

I’m out of the office until Monday, December 1st and will respond to your questions when I return.

Please be advised that most Western Banks have stopped pricing USD/RUB. As such, [B]FXCM can no longer offer this instrument to our clients and will begin closing any existing client trades in USD/RUB effective at Noon NY time today, December 16, 2014[/B].

Alternatives to trading the Russian ruble directly are discussed in this DailyFX article by quantitative strategist David Rodriguez: Russian Ruble Plummets and Here’s How We Might Trade the Clear Trend

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

It’s worth noting that Christmas and New Years are the only two holidays during the year that affect the normal 24-hour customer service and forex trading available to you through FXCM. Below are details of our customer service and trading hours in GMT for all markets during these holidays. For information on the holiday schedule for rollover interest/swap rates, please visit the DailyFX Rollover Calendar.