FXCM Announcements

Hi Everyone,

I will be out of the office for the rest of the week for the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US and will respond to your forum posts when I return next week.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact our 24-hour live customer support team.

Forex trading hours remain unchanged for the Thanksgiving holiday, and the holiday trading hours for CFDs are listed in this earlier post:

For everyone celebrating Thanksgiving this week, I wish you a good one! :slight_smile:

The holidays are coming fast, so I want to make sure you are aware of our special forex trading hours for Christmas and New Year’s:

Click here for CFD Holiday Trading Hours. (CFD trading is not available to US residents.)
Click here for the Holiday Rollover Schedule.

Aside from Christmas and New Year’s, FXCM’s live customer support team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Trading Desk opens Sundays between 22:00 and 22:15 GMT and closes Fridays at 21:55 GMT.

FXCM encourages you to review and update your account profile on an annual basis to ensure the information within your profile is accurate and up to date. To ensure accurate account information, please log in to MyFXCM.com with your live account log-in details and make any necessary changes under “Account Information.”

Our service includes products that are traded on margin and carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

[B]I will be out of the office for the Christmas holiday[/B] and will reply to your posts and private messages when I return on December 30th. Our holiday hours are listed in my previous post. If you require immediate assistance, please contact our live customer support team.

[B]For all of you celebrating Christmas, I wish you a happy one![/B]

Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All! :57:

I just received the following heads up from DailyFX senior strategist David Rodriguez:

[I]As a quick note, please be aware that rollover charges are especially elevated tonight [5pm New York time rollover] for the GBP, EUR, and JPY. It is near-identical to last year, when a sharp drop in available liquidity forced interbank Forward rates to deviate substantially from their typical spread to spot prices.

In short: strong demand for overnight lending in JPY, GBP, and EUR has been met with short supply, and pricing has surged accordingly.

See the article from last year for reference, while I’ve attached some Bloomberg screens from today for further illustration.[/I]

GBP/USD Rolls

source: Bloomberg

EUR/USD Rolls

USD/JPY Rolls

I will be out of the office until January 4th and will reply to your posts and private messages when I return. Our New Year’s holiday hours are listed in my post quoted below. If you require immediate assistance, please contact our live customer support team: Contact Us - FXCM

I wish all of you a blessed and prosperous new year!

Just a quick heads up: a new version of Trading Station Desktop is [B]now available[/B].

That means the next time you log into the platform after this weekend, it will automatically update you to the latest version. If don’t want to wait, then you can install the new version now: Forex Trading - FXCM UK

It was first released on 21 December 2015, so if you installed the platform after that date, then you already have the latest version.

[B]New features include[/B]:
[ul]
[li][I]Stop-Limit and Trailing Stop-Limit orders[/I]
[/li][li][I]Multiple Marketscope charting windows[/I]
[/li][li][I]Ability to save multiple logins[/I]
[/li][/ul]
Please let me know if you have any questions about the update.

Our service includes products that are traded on margin and carry a risk of losses in excess of your deposited funds. The products may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will start in the US on Sunday, March 13th. That means the trading hours for CFDs that follow US market times will shift by one hour starting next week. Below are the updated times.

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift this weekend from GMT-5 to GMT-4, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting next week, the trading desk will open at 21:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 21:00 GMT on Friday.

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change this weekend from GMT+2 to GMT+3. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+3 this weekend.

Note: I will be out of the office for the rest of the week and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.

Below are the CFD holiday trading hours for Good Friday and Easter. Forex trading hours remain unchanged, and you can view the holiday rollover interest schedule here: Forex Rollover Calendar

Times below are in GMT

Hi Jason,

Hope you are doing good. Not sure if this is the correct thread for a query in FXCM MT4.

My concern is candles/Price are not updating in FXCM MT4 platform . Every time I need to close and reopen my MT4 platform to get the latest price. Facing this issue for quite a long time. When I was in touch with one of the FXCM representatives, they suggested to reinstall. I have uninstalled the platform and installed couple of times. But still this issue not yet resolved.

Also I am sure internet speed is not an issue. Because it is working perfectly fine in other platforms. Any suggestion on this.

Hi Ramkirshnavarma,

The candles and prices on my MT4 platform update in real time, and I have heard of no such issues with other users.

Here are my first thoughts one what could be causing the issue with your platform:

[ul]
[li]Are you using a demo? Perhaps it is expired.
[/li][li]Are you looking at an offline chart? Switch to online.
[/li][li]How many symbols are listed in your Market Watch window? The platform can only update information for 40 symbols at a time. If you have more than 40 symbols showing, then you must right-click on the Market Watch window, go to Symbols and select the 40 you want to display.
[/li][/ul]

1. I’m using live account.
  2. Regarding Online/Offline - Are you referring about internet. If Yes, I’m online. Is there any setting in FXCM platform to change to Online/offline
  3. Are you referring even in the Market Watch it should be less than 40. If Yes, then this might be the issue. Because initally i have set as Show All. Let me Hide it and check.

Thank you Jason,

It seems 3rd point is the problem. Now it seems updating.
I have one more query. Is it possible to install RSI-Divergence alert in Trading Station. I’m comfortable in TS compared to MT4. But the problem is Alert/EA is not working in Trading Station

Trading Station is a superb platform and extremely versatile and user-friendly, but the Alerts is one area where it is quite weak in what is available. Nowadays there are so many variations of what one could wish to be alerted about that I could imagine that it is a coder’s nightmare.

But I do wonder, is it not possible to develop things so that one could allocate “identity labels” to particular indicator components and then simply set a generic alert for when “A” crosses “B” etc? For example, one would be able to alert for a cross between “A” = an MVA based on typical with 5 min TF, and “B” = a regression line based on middle-to-middle with close prices and a 30 min TF and so on and so on.

Just some thoughts…

It’s my pleasure, Ramkirshnavarma :slight_smile:

I’m glad that solution worked for you!

In addition the indicators that come pre-installed on Trading Station, you can install additional custom indicators which are available at FXCMapps.com and FxCodeBase.com. I searched both of those websites for “divergence” and found the following:

[ul]
[li]RSI Divergence indicator and signal
[/li][li]Indicator Divergence
[/li][/ul]

Thanks for your feedback, Manxx

We are always looking for ways to improve Trading Station!

I’ve shared your suggestions with our developers. In the meantime, I searched for “crossover” and “cross” in the custom indicators section of FxCodeBase.com and got the following results:

[ul]
[li]Search “crossover”
[/li][li]Search “cross”
[/li][/ul]

Hello Jason,

great posts in Forextown, thank you.

I received an email from.FXCM about margin requirement updates but it seems to mention 100:1 and 200:1 leverage, so I assume that as I only hold positions with about 3:1 leverage I should.not worry about my maintenance margin currently being slightly under the recommended 80%…

Am I right?

Thanks PMH, it’s been a fun discussion!

You are correct. FXCM’s minimum margin requirements (MMR) allow you to use up to 100:1 leverage on our No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution for Standard accounts, 400:1 leverage on DD forex execution for Mini accounts, and 200:1 leverage on CFDs.*

The email you mentioned gets sent out periodically to update our clients regarding any changes (usually minor) to their margin requirements. This is done to account for any exchange rate fluctuations between the currency of your trading account and any particular currency pair you are trading.

For example, if your trading account is denominated in GBP, and you are trading EUR/USD, then your margin requirement for trading that pair as measured in British pounds would go up if the EUR/GBP exchange rate rises. However, if the EUR/GBP exchange rate falls, then so would your margin requirement to trade EUR/USD, since EUR is the base currency of that pair.

You can always see your current minimum margin requirements to trade one micro lot of a given currency pair in the MMR column of the Dealing Rates window on Trading Station. If you are trading on 3:1 leverage, then you far exceed the minimum margin requirements need to maintain your open positions.

[I]* CFTC regulations prohibit brokers from offering CFD trading or more than 50:1 leverage on forex to US traders.[/I]

Hello Jason,

thank you so much!

Still providing great support here!!

I hope you are being handsomly praised

(or, even better, rewarded) for it by your

managers!!

Thanks PMH! I’ll be sure to share your feedback. :smiley:

Please note there is a [B]holiday in the US on Monday, May 30th for Memorial Day[/B]. You can see our holiday trading hours for CFD’s here: Holiday Trading Hours | CFDtrading.com

Forex trading hours remain unchanged, and you can view the holiday rollover interest schedule here: Forex Rollover Calendar

I will be out of the office until Tuesday, May 31st and will respond to your forum posts and private messages when I return.

Have a great weekend!