FXCM Announcements

Jason while you are talking to the developers can you get them to program in the following:

1. Rewind.
  2. Step forward or backwards a candle at a time. I dont feel like watching a candle complete tick by tick, sometimes I just want to move through a sequence by having each candle appear.
  3. Jump to a specific date and time.

That would be awesome!

Thanks for these additional suggestions, Grant. I’ll share them with our developers as well. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ve been trying to use the simulation mode to no avail, just can’t get it working. It says that it’s running and pausing and resuming doesn’t do anything, increasing the speed doesn’t do anything as well, chart just remains the same and doesn’t move.

(Edit - simulation started working, no idea why as I have been trying the whole week to use it and never worked until now)

If I could add one suggestion as well, I love using the trading station but if we could get an option to pick a color for the outline/wick(shadows) of candlesticks that would be amazing.

Hi Orgun,

I’m glad Simulation Mode is now working for you. In the future, if you ever face tech issues, you can reach out to our live customer support for real time help on the phone or live chat.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have shared it with our software development team. In the meantime, I want to make sure you already know you can change the candlestick colors and the entire Color Scheme of charts. If you haven’t already tried this in might make the candlesticks easier for you to see:

Hi Everyone,

This Thursday, Walker England of DailyFX is hosting a free webinar on Trading with Grid Sight Index. GSI is FXCM’s exclusive big-data indicator designed to reveal predictive insights and help you see if a short-term trend will continue or reverse.

In this short, free webinar:
[ul]
[li]See how GSI searches millions of prices patterns
[/li][li]Learn how to incorporate big data into your strategy
[/li][li]Ask your questions and get real-time feedback
[/li][/ul]
Click here to join the free webinar on Thursday, September 22 at 10am New York Time.

[B]I will be out of the office until Monday, September 26th[/B] and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.

For immediate assistance, you can contact our 24-hour live customer support.

Is there any news on skipping a day per time in simulation mode? I think a lot of us would really appreciate that as for traders on the daily timeframe it takes way too long for the new candle to form at the moment.

Thanks!

Just like GoodspeedF2, Grantx and jurjenbalster I have the same issue atm with the simulator. It would be super useful for backtesting my trading style but without stepping forward one bar each time it is useless for now. Waiting for the daily bar to close takes quite some time. Just a ‘next bar’ ‘previous bar’ option would make it great!

Jason,
Myfxbook.
Can this site be trusted? I had to download ‘Trading_Station_Publisher.exe’ and its asking for my login credentials in order to keep a track of my trades on their website.

Edit:
Woops, sorry I posted this in the wrong place.

Hi Grantx,

While I can’t vouch for any third-party website, I can say I know many FXCM clients use the Trading Station Publisher to view their trading stats on Myfxbook. However, as an alternative, you may want to consider FXCM’s free Trading Analytics site which was developed in-house.

I use both fxcm and I use myfxbook never had an issue but I cant say they cant be hacked and your account info stolen. One thing I can say though is FXCM will only send your funds back to the credit card you used to open the account so it would be very hard for a hacker to get your funds unless they also have acess to your bank account to

While I have shared this request with our developers, I don’t have an ETA for you regarding when such an enhancement to the Simulation Mode can be added to Trading Station Desktop. My guess is that it would not be sooner than the next full-fledged update to the platform. I will let you know if I get more news regarding this.

Skipping candles one at a time would be a fantastic edition to the Simulator to make it able for me to use. It is currently the only reason i can’t use the program. I miss too many entries and it’s very very frustrating.

Thanks for your feedback, and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

[B]I will be out of the office until Tuesday, October 25th and will respond to your posts and private messages when I return.[/B]

For immediate assistance, you can contact our 24-hour live customer support.

Hi Everyone,

I have good news and bad news:

[ul]
[li]The good news is you can now skip entire candles in Simulation Mode! It’s simply a matter of hitting the right arrow key on your keyboard.
[/li][li]The bad news is this functionality was always available since Simulation Mode was introduced. It was my error in thinking it wasn’t.
[/li][/ul]

I only learned this today, when I followed up with our developers again regarding your earlier requests for this functionality. :frowning:

Wait you mean Jason isnt the all knowing when it comes to FXCM software. I am very disappointed :o

I was surprised too, Bob :o

In my defense, Simulation Mode is a fairly new feature on Trading Station Desktop.

Hi Jason, when I press the right arrow key on my keybord in simulation mode, all it does it scroll the chart window.

Hi Everyone,

I apologize but there has been some confusion on my part and on the part of our developers. I followed up with our developers again based on Grantx’s most recent feedback, and apparently they misunderstood what I meant when I told them of your request to skip candles. They thought you simply wanted to scroll left and right to view candles which have already been drawn.

To clarify, there currently is no way for you to skip entire candles before they have been drawn in Simulation Mode. The good news is that I have now clarified the details of your feature request for our developers and they are considering it for a future update to Trading Station Desktop.