Absolutely HATING the new platform changes!

The changes to the Trading Station/Marketscope platform over this weekend have made it almost impossible for me to continue my daytrading system.

You have removed the ability to make Limit and Stop changes by pip values on market orders or on already open trades. It is now ridiculously cumbersome to measure with a ruler my stops, note the price, then manually type that value into an already existing trade. I am also now unable to drag Stop and Limit lines in Marketscope to set them at different pip values and see those values on the chart.

In fact, these new handicaps are forcing me to consider leaving FXCM altogether. The ease of using the Marketscope platform was the [I]only[/I] thing keeping me with this broker over the past two years - in spite of its super-high spreads compared to other brokerages.

Hi Merchantprince,

Thanks for your feedback about the changes to the platform. Platform changes were needed in order for accounts to comply with US FIFO regulation. I do understand what you mean by the inability to set limits and stops based on pip amounts. I am going to relay this feedback to our management team, and I apologize about the inconvenience the change caused.

-Jason

Speaking of MarketScope charts, here’s something you don’t see every day —

The extremely rare “tail between legs” candle.
Even the great Steve Nison never heard of this one.

If you right-click on that candle, the data-box which comes up gives this info:

O: 1.50180
C: 1.52996
H: 1.55226
L: 1.51242

The Open is lower than the Low (not possible) — although this data does match the goofy candle.

If the candles on the Weekly Chart are accurate, then the Monthly candle for April 2010 should show the Open as 1.52029. The Close, High and Low appear to be correct on the Monthly candle.

If the April 2010 Open is wrong on the Monthly Chart, then the March 2010 Close is probably wrong, as well.

Hi Clint,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just forwarded the problem over to tech support so we can investigate what is happening and fix the problem.

I’m sure Steve Nison will soon have the “tail between the legs” candlestick copyrighted and listed in his books before you know it :slight_smile:

-Jason

Jason, I know you’re a good guy (I corresponded with you several times back when we were trying to get Trading Station compatibility working with MyFXBook - eventually successfully!) and I do feel bad about ripping on the changes to the platform, knowing you’re the one who has to run point on these issues.

Hopefully FXCM will resolve the issues and find a way to comply with this retarded FIFO crap until 2013, when one hopes we have a new government in place. For now, I am trying to make do, although it makes everything harder when you’re a daytrader (like we needed any more handicaps!).

Good call!
I vote for the “April Fool’s Consolidation Candle” for the name.

:stuck_out_tongue:

No worries, it gives me the opportunity to share feedback with our management team.

Lol, that’s a good one.

Hi Jason, Do these changes affect U.K. account holders ? specifically Spread Betting accounts ?

Regards
Dan

Hi Dan,

Spread Bet Accounts (and other UK accounts) are the same and were not affected by these recent changes. Let me know if you have more questions.

• Jason