Platform Chart Time

Hi Jason,

I know that this has been asked a million times and I know the answer unless it has changed…

I was looking at a spread comparision site and it looked like FXCM has changed their server time on MT4 to NY close like it is on Trading Station ie GMT+2.

Is this correct?

Cheers

Yes Cams

We received feedback from many clients requesting that we change the time zone on our MT4 servers so that the daily candles begin and end at 5 PM New York time to coincide with the New York Close, so that there are exactly 5 daily candles each week of 24 hours in length. To phase in these changes, we have started by updating some of our MT4 demo servers to test that everything works smoothly, before we proceed with updating our live MT4 servers.

In the meantime, clients who wish to have charts with a New York Close on their live MT4 charts can use the free New York Close indicator available at FXCMapps.com

Note that on Trading Station, both live and demo accounts have always had daily candles begin and end at 5 PM New York time to coincide with the New York Close. However, the server times are not set to GMT+2. That is because Trading Station was designed in-house by FXCM developers and has greater flexibility with time zones than MT4. Regardless of the time zone you choose to display on your Trading Station charts, the daily candles will always begin and end at 5 PM New York time.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Jason

How is this project going? Do you have any idea when this will be implemented in live accounts?

No updates at this time, but I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information on this.

[B]UPDATE: New York Close charts are now available on FXCM’s newest live MT4 server.[/B]

That means your daily charts with have 5 candles per week with no Sunday candle. Note that in order to make this possible, the time zone on this MT4 server is set to GMT+2 so that midnight on the charts corresponds to 5pm New York time (AKA New York Close).

If you have an existing MT4 account with us on a server that’s set to GMT, you can email <[email protected]> referencing your account number to request that the account be transferred to the new MT4 server with New York Close charts. Your account must be flat. Please allow a couple of business days for your account to be set up on the new server. You will receive an email with your new login details when the setup is complete.

[I]* Please let us know your thoughts on our new MT4 server with New York Close charts. Based on your feedback, we can decide how many of our MT4 servers to keep on GMT time and how many to switch to New York Close.[/I]

** FXCM Trading Station charts have always been set to New York Close. Unlike with the MT4 platform, Trading Station allows you to display the time zone of your choice, and the daily candles will still begin and end at 5pm New York time.

Awesome - have just sent my email. Thanks Jas!

You have my e-mail also. Thanks.

I got the reply e-mail and I’ve been directed to an app in the fxcm app store. A few comments.

First, this app has been there for some time and I’ve tried it before. These apps don’t work for me. (I use MT4 on a Mac, and I’m guessing that because of what I have to do to run PC software, a Mac installs this stuff some other place than where the software goes looking for it. These apps never show up in the navigator window like they’re said to do. Bottom line is this is not an option for me.)

Second, your post doesn’t mention an app that has to be installed in MT4. Your post mentions a different server with new login information and this is not what I’ve been directed to.

What do I have to do to get New York close charts?

Hi Thirdmouse,

I didn’t see an email from you this week. Please resend the email to me and, just to be sure, please also send me a private message here on BabyPips with your email address so I can check for messages coming from your email address.

I did not receive your email, but perhaps my colleague who replied to your email instead was confused by the request. I was not referring to our New York Close app which as you said has been available on the FXCM Apps Store for some. FXCM has a new MT4 server with charts that are automatically set to New York Close without the need of a separate app.

When you resend your email to me, I follow up with our Operations department for you to make sure your account is set up properly on the new server.

Jason

Will do. Thanks for the reply and the help. :slight_smile:

I apparently don’t have the capability to send PMs or e-mails through the board, maybe because I haven’t posted enough. I’ll just put it here.

Hi Thirdmouse,

I saw your email and have asked our Operations department to process your request. You should receive login details for your new MT4 account by email in a couple of days.

Jason

I’ll look for it. Thanks again.