Order cannot be closed?

Dear Jason,

I have a live order on that I would like to close but a message appears saying that I should refresh the open positions screen as my order has already been closed. This makes no sense as I can see it live now, far from the stop! Could you help?

If I were you I would have immediately called my broker and ask. Its better to contact them as it involves your hard earned money bro.

Hi PipMeHappy,

I just saw your post and am happy to assist if you’re still having trouble closing this trade. As Kashif mentioned though, for immediate assistance with a trade in real time, you can call our Trading Desk anytime 24 hours a day using one of our international toll-free numbers. They can even place or modify orders for you over the phone.

Either way, please let me know how things turned out with that trade.

Thanks,
Jason

EDIT: I just noticed that image you posted contains your account number. For your security, I urge you to edit the image so your account number is kept private.

Thank you, Jason, very helpful, as ever!!

My pleasure, but were you able to find out what happened to that trade?
If not, I’d like to investigate this further for you :22:

No, Jason, I did not… The trade in question was closed in the black but with a profit about twenty pips smaller than it would have yielded. I was also unable to get a reply about a mysterious closure of an Aud/Usd trade on my demo account where a trade light-years from its stops was closed on 23rd Dec. at several moments during the night as a 15k closure followed by a 1k … Josh Cogar got in touch but he said there was no anomaly(?!?). I need to know why these things happen!!! Can you help?

Regarding the original post issue: could it have been an issue of market liquidity, causing slippage between the price quoted and what the broker (FXCM) could actually execute?

Regards

Hi PipMeHappy,

Note that the screenshot in your original post still shows your account number and ticket number. (For your security, please black out this info when posting images on the forum.) I was able to use this information to pull up the history of this trade ticket. From what I can see, at 12:00:15 GMT on January 15th, you opened a short GBP/JPY position at 171.178.

At 13:16 you manually moved your trailing stop down to break even at 171.178. At the time in question, the ask price (AKA the buy price in the market which you can see in the chart below) was at 170.931. As the ask price of GBP/JPY moved lower, your trade went further into profit and your trailing stop moved further down. Specifically, from the time you set your trailing stop at break even, the ask price moved down 19.6 pips from 170.931 to as low as 1.70735. As a result, your trailing stop moved down 19.6 pips from 171.178 to 170.982. Then at 13:29 GMT that same day, your stop was triggered and filled at 170.988 with 0.6 pips of slippage.

Your trailing stop executed correctly. However, the mobile platform must not have updated the status, so your trade appeared as if it was still open. The reason you got an error message when trying to close the trade manually via the mobile app later in the day is because the trade had already been closed by the trailing stop. Though infrequent, this can sometimes happen when trading over a wireless connection. It’s similar to when the sound drops out on a mobile phone call.

Please let me know if you have any further questions related to this. In regards to your demo trade, if you can provide me with more details, I’d be happy to look into that for you as well.

Thanks,
Jason

Dear Jason,
first of all, thank you for taking the trouble to respond in such detail: your reply reinforced my
trust in FXCM and of its processes; second of all, I am satisfied with the answers I received and I will leave the other query (about the demo trade) lie for now.
With all my best wishes!
You are the best!
Happy trading.