Using MirrorTrader to build my own automated strategy?

Dear Jason,

I would like to build an automated trading system of my own:

would I be able to use Mirror Trader to do that, or would I have

to e.mail the FXCM programming team to have my system coded?

Also, if I were to use Mirror Trader, would I have to set up a new account

if I already was a live trader on Trading Station (which I am)?

Regards

PipMeHappy

Hi PipMeHappy,

Mirror Trader would allow you to access commercial trading systems and automate them on your existing FXCM account. Your Trading Station login should allow you to access the Mirror Trader platform to view and select systems for automation.

However, if your goal is to automate your own trading system, then Mirror Trader would not me the right platform for you. Instead, you’d want to use one of the other trading platforms we offer with automation capabilities. These are Trading Station, MT4 and NinjaTrader. Furthermore, if you wanted help coding your strategy, our Programming Services department could do this for you as a paid service or for free, if you meet certain deposit or volume requirements.

[B] Dear Jason, thank you, as ever, for your wonderfully helpful and prompt answers! May I be so bold as to ask one further question?

How would I automate a strategy within Trading Station?

Regards
[/B]

Trading Station Desktop allows you to work with custom indicators and automated strategies coded in the Lua programming language. Programming support for Lua along with some pre-built indicators and strategies can be found at FXCodeBase.com

Thank you!!
Have a nice Valentine’s weekend!