FXCM TradingStation - MarketScope Disconnects

Hi, I recently opened a FXCM demo and have Tradingstation running on my PC.

However the problem is that it disconnects after a couple of minutes and shows “Reconnecting…”, but it won’t reconnect even after minutes. The only way to get it working is to restart the platform.

I am from the GMT +5.30 region and I opened the account in FXCM.com (the US site)
I have several MT4 accounts and one MT5 account (that I use for analysis) and they all are working fine.

Thanks in advance,
Rajitha.

Hi Rajitha,

If the issue persists please send the screenshot of LAN settings at <[email protected]>
To open the settings please go to Start->Control Panel->Internet Options and on the Connections tab click LAN settings.

Hello Valeria,I have dynamic IP (public) and I am behind an ADSL router, and my private ip address is static. eg. 192.168.1.5
I am using Kaspersky Internet security - haven’t noticed any blocking from there - and my DNS is set to Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4

Hi Rajitha,

Please try to uncheck (if it is checked) the “Automatically detect settings” checkbox in LAN settings (Start->Control Panel->Internet Options and on the Connections tab click LAN settings).

Thanks for the suggestion, but problem won’t go away.

Do you think it is because I am on a demo? Maybe because FXCM gives less priority to demo servers?

Hi Rajitha,

We do give priority to real servers, but I don’t think that’s what’s causing your issue here. Have you ever been able to maintain a stable connection to a demo account on our Trading Station platform in the past, or is this the first time you are trying one of our demos? Also, I notice from your screenshots that you are using Trading Station Desktop. Have you tried logging into your demo account using Trading Station Web? https://tsweb.fxcorporate.com/

Jason

Hi Jason, this is the first time I am using Trading Station and, yes, I am using the Desktop version. I haven’t tried the Web platform yet.
Anyways, I forgot to mention that I often get “Failed to Load Chart” errors too.

I used a MT5 for charting because it offers more time frames than MT4, but I have to say that Marketscope is great in every aspect, especially how you can zoom in/out charts.

I am also getting the Failed to load charts. I have not had an issue until today.

Hey roadrunner, changing the time frame will reload the charts; at least that’s what I do.

Hi roadrunner777,

Please let me know whether the issue persists or not. It looks like there was the issue on the server side and now it is solved.

Hi Rajitha,

Did you have success connecting to Trading Station Web? https://tsweb.fxcorporate.com/

It uses fewer resources than Trading Station Desktop, so it might work better for your computer and internet connection.

If you want more time frames options on your MT4 charts, you’ll be interested to know that there’s an indicator called Custom Time Frames available free on FXCMapps.com. Custom Time Frame charts update in real time and can have indicators applied to them, just like the regular MT4 charts.

Jason

Hi Roadrunner,

I notice you made the post above on Sunday before the trading desk opened for the new week at 5pm New York time. We sometimes use that downtime to perform updates and routine maintenance on our servers. I’m wondering whether that had anything to do you with you being unable to load charts over the weekend. Please confirm whether or not you are able to load charts on Trading Station now that trading is open.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason, I tried the TS web, but it is not as great as the desktop version. I did not push it to it’s limits by opening many charts etc. etc., however, it did not disconnect.

I think the issues will get solved over time. Thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

Hi Rajitha,

I’m glad to hear that you were able to connect to Trading Station Web, because this gives us some more information about the nature of your connection problems on Trading Station Desktop. Both platforms connect you to the same servers, so the problem is not in connecting to the server itself. Rather it seems to be an issue of computing resources, since Trading Station Web is a lighter platform and uses less processing power and internet bandwidth.

Are you using a wireless internet connection by any chance? If so, that would be the first thing to try changing. See if you can maintain a stable internet connection on Trading Station Desktop by using a wired internet connection.

Also, have you had a chance to try the Custom Time Frames app from FXCMapps.com? You mentioned that you liked MT4 but wanted more time frames than it offers by default. That app would solve the problem.

Jason