Does FXCM plan on getting into the Bianry Options Space

Hi

I wanted to know if FXCM has any plans for offering Binary Options?

Hi Fezile,

Not at this time, but I’ll let you know if that changes :slight_smile:

How about plans for gold n silver ?
Thx

If you’re asking about gold and silver options, we don’t offer those at this time. However, if you’re asking if we offer trading in spot gold and silver, these are available to all non-US clients of FXCM. However, CFTC regulations allow us to offer only forex trading to US residents.

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;614886”] If you’re asking about gold and silver options, we don’t offer those at this time. However, if you’re asking if we offer trading in spot gold and silver, these are available to all non-US clients of FXCM. However, CFTC regulations allow us to offer only forex trading to US residents.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Good question! I see plenty of well-known forex brokers have expanded to Binary Option as AvaTrade, Alpari, Markets, HotForex. And I think as soon as other popular broker as FXCM will come to BO trading. But I’m looking for them would offer better features for BO trader.

I never knew that they even banned trading metals in the US :frowning:

Technically, spot gold and silver can be offered for trading in the US, but only if there is no leverage on the trades. That means Americans who want to buy an ounce of gold have to put up the full $1260 (based on the current USD/XAU exchange rate) to make the purchase.

In other words, it’s not enough to simply put up 2% margin like you can with forex trades in the US. So far, we haven’t seen much demand from our clients in the US for trading spot metals without leverage, but we could possibly offer this in future if demand increases.

Personally speaking, I’d love to see us offer spot gold in the US, even if it’s without leverage, because I don’t use much leverage on my own trades anyway. :21:

FOREX.com offers up XAU and XAG to it’s US clientele.

Jason- I recently took this survey from FXCM; a lot of questions were gauged on whether or not I’d prefer to have the ability to trade Stocks, Options, Futures off FXCM and its’ trading platforms…

Is this something you can comment on?
Is there really something potentially coming down the pipeline where non-currency based instruments could be traded?
(Not going to lie, I was salivating @ the thought :wink: )

Since you and I live in the US, we’re in the same boat regarding non-currency based instruments. However, regulations outside the US allow FXCM to offer more products to non-US traders. I’ll post about product releases as news becomes available. For starters, CFD share trading is coming soon.

PS: I notice your forum profile mentions you live in DC. I grew up in McLean. Go Skins! :57:

I missed this. Was there a good reason for them being banned?

CFTC regulations prohibit CFD trading in the US, and that includes gold and silver. However, if you live outside the US, then you can trade CFDs through one of our global entities like FXCM UK or FXCM Australia: bit.ly/1GgPU5R