Default Currency Pair list

What is the default currency pair list for FXCM’s Trading Station?
Is there a way of returning to the default list?

Thank you

Hi Tom,

I want to make sure I understand your question. Are you asking for the default order of symbols listed in your rates window? If so, then you can right-click on one of the rates you see, and select “Reset to Default Order” from the menu that appears. However, if you’re interested in knowing the 12 most popular currency pairs traded at FXCM, you can find them listed on our website.

Thanks for the reply.

No, I am not asking for the default order of symbols. I am asking for the default symbol list that Trading Station has loaded before a user makes changes to the symbols subscription list.
Thank you.

Hi Tom,

Below are the 20 symbols that are selected in the subscription list when you first log into the platform.

Thanks very much for that Jason. Does every new installation of Trading Station show those symbols?
Is there any way to reset to the original symbols?
Is there a way to have multiple symbol lists, in different profiles?
I trade a couple different methods, each with different pairs, can I set them up in different profiles or somewhere s I don’t have to edit the symbol list all the time?
Like set one profile with its symbol list for one method and set a another profile with its symbol list for the other method?

Thank you and hope this makes sense.

Hi Tom,

Does every new installation of Trading Station show those symbols?

The list of symbols depends on your account, not on Trading Station. If you change subscription, this changes are used every time you login to any Trading Station.

Is there any way to reset to the original symbols?

There is no way to reset the list to the original.

Is there a way to have multiple symbol lists, in different profiles?

As I said before, the list is set for the account and does not depend on profiles.

I trade a couple different methods, each with different pairs, can I set them up in different profiles or somewhere s I don’t have to edit the symbol list all the time? Like set one profile with its symbol list for one method and set a another profile with its symbol list for the other method?

Unfortunately, it is not possible.

Thank you for the questions, I believe that the required features may be also useful for the other users of Trading Station. I will forward this to the developers to consideration.

Ok, thanks for the reply, appreciated.

So it depends on the pairs that were last viewed as to what will load next time the program is loaded.

Its a real pain to remove pairs and re list pairs, it would be good if one could have different lists in different profiles.

Hi Tom,

I believe I may have a solution for you. While the list of symbols you are subscribed to is linked to your account, the order in which these symbols are displayed is tied to your profile. For example, you could create a profile called JPY. In this profile, you could arrange all the JPY pairs to be listed first in your rates window as shown below.

You could then create a different profile called EUR that displays are EUR pairs at the top. To save a profile on Trading Station, go to View > Profiles > Save Profile. Then to switch between your different profiles, go to View > Profiles > Open Profile.

If you disable the 20-symbol limit* on your account, then you won’t have to keep editing your symbol subscription list to add some pairs and remove others. You can disable this limit by emailing a request to <[email protected]> and referencing your account number.

*Note that the more symbols you’re subscribed to, the more bandwidth you’re using on your internet connection. I notice you live in Australia, where many internet providers have data caps. That’s something to be mindful of if you plan on running Trading Station all day.

I did not think it was possible to add symbols to a profile.

[I]“You could then create a different profile called EUR that displays are EUR pairs at the top.”[/I]
Do you have to select similar pairs in the profile or can they be a selection of any pairs?

Thank you