Glitch/quirk of demo accounts?

Hello there!

I have an issue that has come up and wanted to get some clarification/ a few questions addressed. Here is the story:
Last week I had been trading via the FXCM mobile app, sticking mainly to 1k lots (and a few 10k lots early in the week.) My last trade closed out on NZD/CHF as expected on Sunday 7/27 at 3:02pm at .7734. For some reason I had 2 more trades show up on my account on that currency that bought at 3:01pm at .77534; on a 19k lot and one a 1k lot. The chart shows that minute’s range was .77314 - .77326. The 19k trade closed out at 3:02pm at .7734 and the extra 1k closed at .7727, costing me a bit of virtual money. I guess the report doesn’t tell me enough as far as weather the trades were entry orders, as I could see the 1k order possibly having been left over from my week of playing… but the 19k order? I highly doubt that I would have set that. Also, I thought the market didn’t open until 5pm EST. (So I wasn’t playing with at any apps or anything until after that…)
So to round up the questions:
is it reasonable to expect orders to trigger during off market hours?
Could these orders be caused or explained by something other than my own negligence?
why would an order buy at a price that is so much higher at the market’s range?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi Holiday,

Thanks for your questions. :slight_smile:

Live orders can only be executed when trading is open which is from Sunday 5pm to Friday 5pm New York Time. However, we do allow demo traders to place orders on weekends in order to practice with the platform.

I wouldn’t want to guess without more information. Since this is a demo account, you can send me a private message with your username and password. I’ll log into the demo and see if I can determine what happened.

Keep in mind that if this was a live account, then you would be able to file a trade inquiry if you had any questions regarding the execution of a particular order. The Trade Services Team could then perform an audit of the transactions and follow up with you with their findings. If there was an error in our trade execution, FXCM would make the appropriate correction to your account.

Welcome to the forum!

Jason,

Thanks for such a quick reply! I’d be happy to have you look over my demo and get some input on what may be wrong here… although I am new to the forums and can’t seem to find a way to send you a private message. (apparently I can’t e-mail you with less than 20 posts to my account.) What would be the best way to contact you for this?
Thanks again.

You can email me at <[email protected]>, and if you put “holidayd” and “BabyPips” in the subject line, I’ll keep an eye out for your email. :22: