Minimum SL and TP levels

Dear FXCM

As a scalper can you let me know what your minimum SL and TP levels are for forex and indices ?

Thank you

These levels depends on market conditions and every time they are different for me.

Hi VikingDK,

FXCM allows traders to set stop loss and take profit orders as close as 1 pip away from the current market price. That means if you’re buying, then you can set your stop loss as close as 1 pip below the current sell price in the market (AKA the Bid), and you can set your take profit as close as 1 pip above the Bid.

Our new pricing is ideal for scalping: 301 Moved Permanently

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you Jason!

Yes, i’m looking into your new pricing model, and have been in contact with your customer support to create a EUR demo account on this new model. Sadly i was told to wait a few weeks, maybe longer before that would be available.

From your post here on Babypips i was under the impression that it’s already up and running?

Additional questions: Will the tighter spread also affect indices?

Bro, depends what part of the world your in. IC Markets have no min level. Scalping is great fun with them.

But if you’re scalping why bother!

Hi VikingDK,

Where do you live?

We’ve received lots of feedback from traders excited to switch over to our new pricing, but the transition is being done region by region 1) to ensure we follow regulatory requirements for due notice to traders which vary by regulator and 2) to ensure an orderly transition within our own system so as not to negatively impact our traders.

That said, we already have EUR demo accounts with our new pricing available on our German and French websites. Just click where it says JETZT TESTEN. The demo login details you receive will work on both Trading Station and MT4.

While our new pricing model applies only to forex at this time, I will post updates on this forum if that changes.

Thank Jason,

I live in Denmark.

When do you think it will be live here?

I just tried with a German login, but i dont really see the tight spead:

thanks.

Our new pricing is already available in Denmark! :slight_smile: Are you already trading through FXCM?

While I couldn’t make out the text from your screenshot, it looks like you’re using MT4 charts. To confirm that your EUR demo account is on our new pricing, please check the Bid and Ask prices in the Market Watch window. You should be able to see the same live rates that are on our website.

These new spreads are available to you for trading, but the prices you see on your MT4 charts will still display the old spreads. That’s because MT4 servers can only show one price feed at a time.

Since the majority of our clients are still on our old pricing, we have not yet been able to update the chart price feed. These chart prices can only be updated to reflect our new pricing after more of our existing clients have their accounts upgraded. While I don’t have an exact date yet, I will be posting updates here: http://forums.babypips.com/fxcm/69190-raw-spread-pricing-faq.html#post659671

Bro, FXCM is fast stepping up but still not quite industry benchmark. Do look at IC Markets. Thats whom I trade with and are very very good. With that said, with this new pricing model I would switch but IC is still that much better.

Hi Bobbillbrowne,

Spreads are important which is why FXCM has introduced new pricing which is ideal for scalping: 301 Moved Permanently

It’s important to acknowledge, however, that pricing is just one factor out of many to consider when choosing a broker. There’s also quality of trade execution, 24-hour customer support, trading platforms offered, charting, educational resources and financial transparency.

It’s no secret that the brokerage industry has been in the midst of a price war for the past couple of years. That combined with lower trading volumes over the past couple of years have caused many brokers to struggle. There was even a broker in Europe that went bankrupt in 2012 after trying to entice clients with 0 pip spreads. That year also saw the failure of a US broker that had previously touted their razor thin spreads. Just recently an Australian broker went bankrupt as well.

If recent events have taught us anything, it’s that the safety of your funds is perhaps the most important factor to consider when choosing a broker. Unfortunately, the vast majority of forex brokers are privately held companies, so it’s hard to know the state of their finances. Are they profitable, or are they barely staying afloat? How can you know whether they are safe place to keep your money?

All traders need to ask their brokers the following questions regarding their financial stability.
[ol]
[li][B]What are your revenues?
[/li][li]How profitable is your firm?
[/li][li]Do you have a top-tier third party accounting firm auditing your financials?[/B]
[/li][/ol]
FXCM is one of the only retail forex brokers that’s regulated on four continents in major financial centers around the world. Rarer still in this industry is the fact that we are a publicly-traded company (NYSE ticker: FXCM). That means information is readily available to our clients about our financial strength.

Our longevity and continued growth is validation from our clients of the value they see in our pricing which is both competitive and sustainable. That’s why traders around the world have entrusted FXCM with $1.312 billion in client funds.

Jason, thanks for the reply but I read nothing more than the marketing hype I would expect from a rep. And we all know how I feel about marketing.

With that said I have seen how you service the needs of both your client base and the BP community in general and that speaks highly of yourself and FXCM. I have no problems reccomending FXCM as a industry leading broker.

All the best for the weekend bro

Bob

I hope you have a good weekend too, Bob

Take it easy :57: