Missing price data in FXCM charts

One of my accounts is with FXCM. When I opened my FXCM charts on Sunday, I noticed large gaps in the data over the last week of December. In the case of my EUR/USD charts, the gap in data stretched over the last two weeks in December.

Specifically,

• in all charts (except EUR/USD), price data is missing from 1400 EST Sunday 12/28/14
through 2200 EST Thursday 1/1/15

• in my EUR/USD charts, price data is missing from 1400 EST Sunday 12/21/14
through 2200 EST Thursday 1/1/15

I have contacted Customer Service at FXCM, and I was told that they are aware of this issue and are working to correct it.

Thanks for your post, Clint

That is correct. Our techs are currently investigating this issue. I’ll post an update when it’s resolved.

Hi Clint,

Please try the steps below and let me know if they work for you.

[ol]
[li]Close your Trading Station platform if it’s open.
[/li][li]Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2\QuoteStorage
[/li][li]Delete the History folder.
[/li][li]Open Trading Station and your Marketscope charts.
[/li][/ol]

Thanks,
Jason

Hi, Jason

Welcome back to the forum. I hope your time away was enjoyable and invigorating.

Re: the missing data.

It appears that the problem has been corrected server-side, without my having to delete the history folder from my platform. All of the previous missing days of data have been filled in, and it looks like everything is normal on my charts, on all pairs and across all time frames.

However, is there anything to be gained from deleting the history folder, at this point? Is that something you recommend doing periodically, sort of like routine maintenance on the Trading Station platform?

Hi Clint,

Yes, the holidays were great! Got to spend time with family and friends. You?

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. It’s not usually necessary to delete the history folder, but if you notice the data did not load correctly, that would be something to try. An analogy would be how you might clear your internet cache if a particular website did not load properly. This forces the data to be loaded again when you hit refresh.

Jason,

The missing price data over the weekend is a long standing issue and I believe a temporary flaw brought about by the architecture of the FXCM system. There is no solution other than wait until FXCM finish their processing of market data and refresh your charts/restart trading station.

You can find reports of it on DailyFX under Missing Data Charts and FxCodeBase’s Bug Reporting topic.

Cheers,
MMFX

Hi MMFX,

The missing chart data mentioned by Clint earlier in this thread was a specific known issue that was resolved soon after it was identified back in January.

If you are missing chart data now, then it must be a separate issue. Could you tell me more about the exact data that are missing from your charts? Please post a screenshot if possible.

Thanks,
Jason