FXCM Chart problems

Hello to everyone. I’m kinda new to forex trading. I’ve been trading demo for a month.
Today I noticed something very strange. I’ve always been trading with FXCM trading station (web) and also looking for data at Freestockchart, Forexfactory,…
Today I noticed that the candlesticks plotted by FXCM don’t match up with the ones everywhere else, but the BID/ASK prices and everything else was identical. I also noticed that every new FXCM candlestick was plotted aprox 2,5 minutes after a new candlestick everywhere else. I contacted their customer support but they didn’t gave me any useful information. Could somebody help me, I don’t want to leave them since I’ve been very happy with them so far.

Thank you.

Hi Boaz,

Thanks for posting your questions about the charts on Trading Station Web. I’m glad you’ve been happy with our services. You mentioned that “the candlesticks plotted by FXCM don’t match up with the ones everywhere else, but the BID/ASK prices and everything else was identical.”

Since the bid/ask prices on our charts match the prices from your other sources, please clarify what about the candlesticks did not match. The chart images you posted would not allow me to zoom in to see any differences.

Thanks,
Jason

Like I mentioned, every new candlestick was plotted 2,5 minutes after the candlesticks everywhere else. I think you can imagine the difference. I will update this thread today when I start trading, thank you for your reply.

First - You must expect the data feeds from various dealers to be different. That is completely normal.

Second - I am watching FXCM’s minute feed and Forex.com’s minute feed on the same screen and the two are very much in sync for me.

Third - Why does it matter? Your entries and exits with a given dealer are with that dealer so the feeds of other dealers don’t effect your trade.

Fourth - I need another beer.

Everything was back to normal today :slight_smile:

@Arbitrager on Acid’s: I also had them sync in the past, only yesterday I noticed the difference, that’s why I was curious. As I mentioned the prices were the same :slight_smile: And as a new trader it matters to me, because the indicators were completely different.

Wait, was this before the Monday morning U.S. open on a U.S. FXCM account? If so, I bet it was the “merge weekend data” setting.

Hi Boaz,

Thank you for posting this update. I’m glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you. However, I’m still unclear as to what the issue was. Do you remember if it was on both forex and CFD charts?