Closing Trades

I just started with forex and I made a demo account. I made some random trades just to see how all how it worked but now I cant end those trades. I would have thought it was the close button but apparently not? I get a message saying it disabled due to NFA regulations. Could someone please tell me how to end a trade. Thanks.

It’s pretty tough to help ya out without more details, like where and what you bought/sold? Screenshots would help too. Also, have you tried your broker’s support line?

Hi Hydro30,

Pipcrawler is right, it is hard to understand the issue without details. I just prepared a couple of screenshots to illustrate how you can close the position in Trading Station and Marketscope. I hope this helps.

You can right click a row in the Open Positions view in Trading Station.

Or you can right click a label of the position on a chart in Merketscope.

beer is always customary when closing a trade.

-Adrian

I can right click but i cant select Close Positions. When I click 119.698 under Close I get this message

then I click Ok and get this message

Hi Hydro30,

Welcome to BabyPips! :slight_smile:

The message you received on your platform indicates that you have a US demo account. If you live in the US, that’s the demo you want because it complies with US regulations regarding the order in which trades can be closed (first-in, first-out AKA FIFO). However, if you live outside the US, then you would be better served with a non-US demo that does not have restrictions regarding the order in which trades can be closed.

If you live in the US, use the instructions provided Valeria on how to close positions.

If you live outside the US, here’s a link that you can use to set up a non-US demo account: bit.ly/1lo8dYO