FXCM loss goes beyond Stop limit order

hi, i put my stop lose at 15 pips, when i came back i had lost 17 pips. i understand that market might have jumped fast therefore its 17 pips loss. But i dont understand how my stop was at for example 1,2000, when price only reached 1,1995

how is that possible? the price never moved to 1,2000 but still my trade was closed at 1,2000

Have you looked at the tick charts?
Can you post your chart on here so we can look at it and so fxcm can as well

Make sure you’re looking at the right chart.

If you buy and you have a stop-loss, when your SL is hit your order will effectively become a sell order. Therefore you have to be looking at the BID chart. Vice versa for a stop-loss if you’re short, you need to look at the ASK chart.

Maybe we can get Jason to confirm this?

Another thought.
With most brokers platforms 15 is not 15 pips but 15 pippettes, or 1.5 pips. If the spread was around this same figure this could be why you stopped out without price moving

Hi Trader4cash,

Both Eddieb and Nikz have provided good suggestions on things you should check. It’s possible you’re not taking into account the bid/ask spread when you look at your chart.

By default, the chart will show you the bid or sell price in the market. However, if you are in a short position, then it’s the ask or buy price in the market that would trigger your stop loss order. The ask price is higher than the bid price you see on your chart due to the bid/ask spread.

FXCM’s Trading Station charts allow you to change views to see the ask price instead of the bid price to see if you stop price was reached.