FXCM just got hacked?

UPDATE 1-FXCM says it has been hacked | Reuters

Oct 1 (Reuters) - FXCM Inc, an online foreign exchange trading service provider, said its systems were hacked and a “small number” of unauthorized wire transfers were made from customer accounts.

All funds have been returned to the accounts that were compromised, the company said.

The company said it received an email from a hacker claiming to have illegal access to customer information and that it had notified the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

FXCM said it was working with a cybersecurity firm to determine the scale of the incident and identify affected customers.

FXCM is the latest U.S. corporation to become a victim of a cybersecurity attack, adding to a list that includes Target Corp , Apple Inc and JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Accusations against China have increased amid growing concerns about national security. Last week, U.S. President Barack Obama and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping signed a pact to fight cyber warfare. (Reporting By Sudarshan Varadhan; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)

Yes, I could not log into my FXCM account this morning and I then got an e.mail asking me to reset my

account password, after which it was fine…

Good to see that they were swift to notify clients!

I was out today and had opened a long on pound yen, i was up 50 pips before NFP so I decided to close the order.

But like you pipmehappy I couldn’t get into my account.

So my 50 pip profit turned into a 30 pip loss.

Sad face for the weekend!!

Sorry to hear that, ‘Big Man’ :slight_smile:

I heard that FXCM are refunding clients who were adversely affected; have you got in touch with

FXCM?

Jason Rogers (Verified FXCM Broker Support) may come on this thread at some point and put in

a reply, as he always does, so you could see if he can clarify this for you.

i hope your thirty pips will not stop you trading another day!

Hi pipmehappy.

Great to see your reply. And great work on your translation from irish. An mhaith ar fad :blush:

I have silently read your posts and enjoyed them and your videos so it’s great to finally meet you so to speak.

I’ve not contacted fxcm but good idea And maybe jason can clarify. Needless to say it was a little deflating at the time But im only down, not out.

I hope everyone has a safe weekend.

Padraic

Hi Padraic,

As a precautionary measure following the cybersecurity incident mentioned above, we required all clients to reset their passwords on their trading accounts. If you have not done so already, please go to MyFXCM.com and select Forgot Login/Password to access your account.

Thank you Jason.

Yes I have done that this afternoon.

Enjoy the weekend

Gledh mhadh Padraic! (That is the Scottish spelling to say ‘Very well’)!

Welcome to the forums… Thanks for the good feedback(!) and I look forward to hearing your comments

(and maybe videos) too!

Have a great weekend.

Happy Trading.