Trading Station Desktop Crashing

Hi Jason,

Please help and Thank you.

Account # :
DEMO

Hardware:
The problem described below is occurring on two different computers, one is a WIN7 Enterprise 64bit and the other is a WinXP Professional 32bit.

Problem:
The problem is that whenever a strategy opens a position the FXCM application just quite. When I restart the application I see that the position had in fact been opened before quitting, but the strategy is not shown in the Strategy Dashboard anymore. This happens on any and all strategies that used to work in the past – I made a simple open a position strategy as a test but is does the same thing.

Attempted Fix:
I “Uninstalled Completely” and reinstalled a few times on each of the above machines, but the results are always the same. The computer does not freeze, just FXCM quits.

I chatted online with an FXCM rep and he suggested I send you this email.

Moments ago, I logged in on my WinXP box as ADMINISTRATOR in SAFE MODE - Uninstalled Completely - deleted any/all registry entries containing Candleworks or FXCM - Downloaded and installed again but the same thing (above) happened.

Is there a problem with Version 01.14.112415 ?

Thank you again.

Hi Aalexand,

I’m using Version 01.14.112415 of Trading Station Desktop without any issues. Have you tried logging into the platform with a different demo account login? If not, you can register for one here: Practice Forex Trading, Spread betting, & CFD trading Risk Free with a Demo Account - FXCM

Alternatively, you can try logging into your existing demo account using Trading Station Web: https://tsweb.fxcorporate.com/

If you try both solutions, we can determine whether the error is with your current demo account or with the copy of Trading Station Desktop on your computer.

HI Jason,

Thank you for the assistance. I just got a new DEMO account and ran a standard fxcm strategy and the same thing happened.

Here is the crash.txt file contents:

Unhandled exception information:
Exception code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Try to read at address 0096FCED
Exception address: 7C910717

I’m at a loss at what to do.

Thank you again.

Andy

TS Desktop started working on my Win7 box, not sure why.

Still crashing on my main trading machine, winxp.

Hi Andy,

I’m glad you were able to get Trading Station Desktop running on your Windows 7 machine.

While I haven’t used Windows XP in years, our tech support team can investigate why the platform isn’t working on your other computer. Please email the crash.txt file and other details about what is happening on the computer to <[email protected]>

In the meantime, you can try running Trading Station Web on your Windows XP machine: https://tsweb.fxcorporate.com/

Hi Jason,

My problem only occurs when a trade is executed through a strategy and this is not possible via TSweb - or am I mistaken ?

Even standard installed strategies cause a crash.

The Forex gods try to warn you. :S :wink:

Hi Andy,

You are correct that TSweb lacks the automation functionality of TSdesktop. You mentioned this problem only occurs on your Windows XP machine, not Windows 7. Our tech support team would have to investigate further to determine the cause. Please email the crash logs to them along with any other details that you think might be relevant regarding the setup of that computer.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,

I decided to move past this problem by upgrading my XP box to Win7, this will save us all a lot of headache.

Trading Station is working fine on Win7, no crashing.

Thank you for the assistance.

Andy

Fxcm is unreliable. I am only on a demo account and so many problems with their platform. Phone app is great, but my old eyes can’t trade off a tiny screen. Why, the hell, in this day and age, a broker can not be reliable? I don’t get it.
I don’t enjoy Oanda’s spreads, but reliability is number one for me.
My God, Jason, can’t you guys get this right…GOOD GOD!!!

Na zdrowie,
Tim

Hi Tim,

The latest publicly available metrics show that FXCM retail clients placed an average of 501,108 live trades per day in December 2015, which is a testament to the reliability of our platform.

Even this thread in which you posted pertained to a very specific issue regarding the automation of trades through Trading Station Desktop on a Windows XP machine. Andy (“aalexand”) confirmed he had no issues running the platform on his Windows 7 computer.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had on your demo account, but it’s important not to generalize this to be an issue with Trading Station when the numbers clearly show others are using the platform successfully.

Please tell me more about the specific issues you have had with your demo account, and I will be happy to help you troubleshoot them. :57:

Thanks,
Jason